Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Cheese Pirate's finished stuff

Pages: 1 10 replies

I don't have a lot of proper Tiki works to show yet, but I thought I could start with this drawing I did of a penguin.

Cheese Pirate, welcome to Tiki Central all the way from Norway! You definitely have the art skills, I like your style and I'm looking forward to more tiki works from you

Aloha Cheese Pirate! Looking forward to more work as well. Your penguin piece is full of charm- I love it. I also dig it when limited color palette pieces are done successfully - as yours is. Would look great on a T-shirt.

Thank you for your kind words, MadDogMike and Trader Gino!

I hope it's ok to post this, hopefully some forum members will find it a little bit amusing at least...maybe some of you out there remember the Commodore 64, an old 8bit computer from 1982? A friend made a tune for it and I made these Tiki/Moai graphics to go with his tune. The C64 has a 16 colour fixed palette, 64 kilobytes of ram, and lots of restrictions on graphics resolution and colour usage. If you want to see (and hear - it's not really tiki music though) it running on a real Commodore 64 there is a recording of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRcuM0Cwois

Click an image to view it in double size:

[ Edited by: Cheese Pirate 2013-08-03 16:03 ]

Love the head-bobbin' toucan. Commadore 64, that's a tiki media you don't see often :lol:

T

LOAD ".",8,1

Made a little fridge magnet using polymer clay.
Hoping my next attempt will turn out better.
Sculpting is hard!

C-64 Hell, I started with the Commodore Vic-20 in 1980 before the tape backup came out
2 hours to type in BASIC code for "Pong" then you left it on for as long as you could
but as soon as you turned it off, you had to type in your program again, when the Tape backup
was finally released it was like seeing the Monolith in 2001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEI7mm8M7Q

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-08-08 03:21 ]

B

I love the tiki penguin! that's awesome!

HJ

Totally hip art.

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

C
cy posted on Thu, Oct 3, 2013 1:05 PM

Cool, interesting work CP, roasted pineapple good!

Pages: 1 10 replies