Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Angostura Caribbean club rum

Pages: 1 2 replies

Tikivato, his better half Rosemary, my wife CeCe and I were in Tommy Bahamas (Palm Desert) and I noticed a bottle of Angostura Caribbean club rum among their nice selection. Of course I had to try some although I was not expecting too much as it was the cool bottle that got my attention. I had the barkeep Oscar serve me a shot in a dbl old fashion with an ice cube on the side.
I stuck my big nose in the glass and as expected I got a very strong whiff of alcohol.
I let it breathe a while and it had calmed down quite a bit when I sniffed it again.I took a little sip and this rum was surprisingly good. No bite at all and a little on the sweet side-a little light but I would buy this rum. Didn't need the ice. I'm guessing it's 20-30$, plus the bottle would look pretty cool on my bar. I rate Zaya (my fav sipper) at 10 and this guy as an 8.
comments welcome.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-08-03 21:51 ]

I haven't come across that rum yet, but the bottle looks like Mrs. Butterworth's hot kid sister!

:)

On 2013-08-04 07:51, Sunny&Rummy wrote:
I haven't come across that rum yet, but the bottle looks like Mrs. Butterworth's hot kid sister!

:)

S&R, That is the funniest comment I have ever read on TC !
Mahalo

Pages: 1 2 replies