Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Halloween ideas please

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hello All!

We're going with a tropical/tiki theme for this year's Halloween yard display/haunted house, and I could use some ideas. I'm especially interested in any images you might be able to post or re-post. Basically I'm looking for anything tropical/tiki that is also spooky or scary. Thank you in advance! I'll be sure to post pictures of how it turns out after Halloween.

As was stated so eloquently by someone else on TC earlier, few things are more scary than running out of rum.

There are a few threads with Halloween in them. You can begin by doing a "Search" here on TC if you have not already done so, we are generally a creative bunch. And Google should yield quite a bit of stuff if you look for "creepy tiki" and "tiki skulls" etc.

Have fun with it -- and definitely share your photos!

a few years ago Target had evil tiki mask that had crazy yellow hair. They also had a a shrunken head mask that was cool.
There are a few halloween tiki masks out there. Good luck

H

A couple years back we had a somewhat tiki-themed Halloween party - it was heavy on the shrunken head/jungle/voodoo/zombie/headhunter vibe. I basically just Googled "halloween shrunken heads" and anything else that seemed like it would fit my tiki jungle-meets-voodoo swamp theme. You might have luck trying that.

I also did a bit of crafting with some fake skulls, painting them like headhunter trophies.

I went with as much eerie or atmospheric lighting as I could...

We got a little carried away with the invitation. It involved a whole photo shoot and some food- and rum-related bribery of family members.

Sounds like a fun project! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

last year I carved a jack-o-lantern out of a pineapple.

Z
zond2 posted on Tue, Aug 6, 2013 5:25 AM

I'm doing a "Haunted Luau" for Halloween this year

[ Edited by: zond2 2013-08-06 05:26 ]

Glad to see someone mentioned background music and posted an album cover. Aside from exotica, there is some spooky surf music out there, I think I have a CD from The Bomboras which is kinda dark and ominous yet still surf. Of course, a spooky tiki party with fun upbeat music is cool too.

Pages: 1 7 replies