The First Rule of Tiki Fight Club:

Post pictures of my junk?

JG

The First Rule of Tiki Fight Club:

1. Post Pictures of your Junk

The second rule of Tiki Fight Club:

John Galt as in Atlas Shrugged?

JG

"Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the morality of life and yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth."

T

damn hippie.

Ayn Rand. :roll:

JG

T

On 2013-08-05 20:34, tikicoma wrote:
damn hippie.

Mat?

Push through it with repetition. Smother it with words. Deny the air around me. Pretend. Pretend with vigor. Believe that the breath is gone.
Some other stupid thing from the net.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-01-17 07:57 ]

T

"Who is John Galt?" and of the quest to discover the answer.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-01-17 07:56 ]

JG

Tikiskip...tonight...you fight first

T

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-10-26 09:57 ]

T

Feel better now Tikiskip?

Tikiskip, you mustn't confuse the fictional Tyler Durden with Brad Pitt the actor. The character of Tyler Durden was definitely an Anarchist. While Brad might have his pet Liberal causes, he still embraces the Capitalist system.

Durden wanted to bring down the credit card company CEOs but I'm sure Brad aspires to make as much as those CEOs one day. According to Forbes, Brad makes about $20 million a year. Credit Card company CEOs make far more. Even the 12th ranked CEO by pay, James Dimon, of JP Morgan-Chase, made $42 million last year (also according to Forbes). So, "The Man" still has Hollywood actors beat with their extremely posh glass houses that are roughly twice as big as anything A-list actors own.

I'm confused by this whole thread, though. John Galt (who I'm assuming is an objectivist) has usurped Tyler Durden's role (as an anarchist) to create rules for Tikiphiles (escapists). These three different philosophies seem to be at odds with each other, but perhaps they will have a love child and herald the coming of a grand new age.

Maybe the objectivists can create distilleries out of Rearden metal and produce rum far superior to anything yet tasted...then the anarchists can sweep in and make this rum freely available to all the oppressed workers of the world...and the escapists can help everyone to appreciate that rum by embracing polynesian pop and the tropical cocktails that fuel it.

Ahhh...UTOPIA!

Life never works this way, though. The objectivists will probably cask and sell their rum only to the elite 1%, then anarchists will blow up the distilleries in a bloody frenzy, and escapist tikiphiles will argue endlessly about the flavor profiles of the now-lost rum after paying ridiculous prices on e-Bay to savor a thimble full of the remaining intact bottle of said rum.

Oh well...I have my thimble ready.

Sedition!

T

Second Rule: Eat a rich and hearty breakfast before every fight!
choose your theme song wisely....I made the mistake of using "Staying Alive" the first time out.

Pages: 1 16 replies