Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tucson Modernism Week/Kon Tiki's 50th anniversary October 2013

Pages: 1 8 replies

Kon Tiki will be having a birthday bash I hear in November, but during Tucson's second annual modernism week we are also going to celebrate tiki in Tucson and do an event at the Kon Tiki to celebrate. At the bar itself, I would be shocked to find any of the fine rums I learned about from Martin Cate last year at TO, but I'd like to include them and just wondering if there's anyone out there that would like to help produce and coordinate this party and help find the rum reps to do a tasting, as well as for a couple of cocktails we'll be featuring.
All advice welcome, if I have to do it myself! ~ Michelle

[ Edited by: atomictucson 2013-08-07 14:14 ]

Z
zond2 posted on Wed, Aug 7, 2013 8:29 PM

Talk to the folks at Velvet Glass they have relationship with the management

Thanks, the Velvets are already on board of course...

[ Edited by: AtomicTucson 2013-08-08 05:18 ]

P

Are there dates on this?

P

Are there dates on this?

2nd Annual Tucson Modernism Week is Oct. 4, 5, 6 2013
The Kon Tiki event is coming together to wrap things up starting in the afternoon
Sunday Oct. 6th
More info as it comes, Velvet Glass and Vanishing Tucson and I are producing.

Z
zond2 posted on Fri, Oct 4, 2013 9:46 PM

Are the final details out on this?

Nothing really ever came of it. All the people I spoke with in San Diego at Tiki Oasis, like Clement Rhum and Agosturra...said they would sponsor Tucson Mod week, never responded to my requests to do rum tasting or provide rum for a punch at our fundraiser. Manager at KT knows nothing about public relations, and never responded to my inquiries or showed any enthusiasm to celebrate their 50th- nonetheless Mark Velvet made a brilliant flyer and hooked up my DVD player to ONE of the MANY tvs that aren't synced to screen anything all at the same time unless it is sports, so we can show A Kiss Before Dying at 6pm. But they will have half off some big bowl drink, and maybe another drink special or two, so we can all meet there to toast to modernism and wrap up our event!

[ Edited by: AtomicTucson 2013-10-04 23:30 ]

[ Edited by: AtomicTucson 2013-10-04 23:31 ]

Z
zond2 posted on Sat, Oct 5, 2013 5:40 PM

We need to organize!
And sell the KT on the fact that there is serious $$ to be had in Poly Pop and Mod
And of course serving our own interests as well!
We'll be there tomorrow

Pages: 1 8 replies