Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Denver Modernism Show (Aug 23-25, 2013)

Pages: 1 7 replies

Is anyone going to the Denver Modernism Show? Looks like it should be a lot of fun!

http://denvermodernism.com/

"Over 50,000 sq ft – This show is HUGE!

Dozens of Vendors from Around the Nation
Selling a wide variety of vintage and contemporary
MID-CENTURY, ART DECO, RETRO, POP & MODERNIST FURNISHINGS, ARTWORK & OBJECTS
Furniture – art – lighting – glass – pottery – ceramics – housewares – accessories – art deco – retro – danish modern – fab 50s – mod 60s – plastic 70s – tiki – kitsch – chrome – bakelite – teak – Eames – panton – Nelson – Knoll – Wegner – Herman Miller – Russel Wright – vintage designer clothing – textiles – handbags - jewelry – electronics – radios – stereos – barware – and so much more!!!"

Also:

"Tiki Lounge
We are the only Modernism Show in the country with a Tiki Lounge!
We LOVE IT!

sponsors of the Denver Modernism Tiki Lounge
The Denver Modernism Show Tiki Lounge has its own dedicated room!
It’s your tropical haven in our mid-century paradise!

Our Tiki Lounge is open most show hours and includes:
Cash Bar (VIPs drink free Friday night!) featuring exotic tiki drinks, including some created just for us!
Tiki Museum! New! The Fraternal Order or Moai provide displays that are fun and educational!
Tiki music – from swanky exotica to surf guitar!
Live hula girls on Friday night!
Tiki Afterparty at Denver’s new Adrift Tiki Lounge – Saturday, 6:00pm – 2:00am! 218 S.
Broadway! Come mingle with Denver’s tiki and modernism community!"

Wow, am I really the only TCer going to this?

C

I plan to be there, but haven't picked a time yet. Suggestions?

It seems the "Denver Tiki Tribe" has moved to Facebook. You might ask the question there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378098768922505/

I've notice a couple of local groups have moved off TC to Facebook like the Sacramento group as well.

G

I'll be going for sure.

gabbahey

Ugh, Facebook. No thanks. I'd rather eat my own rectum.

G

Bump - starts today!

I went; I made no huge tiki purchases to brag about but it was a blast as always. I did miss the huge selection of Hawaiian shirts that's usually in the Tiki Bar, but I understand there were scheduling conflicts. I did manage to buy two vintage lounge jackets, a sound egg chair, a coin-op Bocca della Verita, a boomerang Formica coffee table, a Witco-esque tiki and a wood Moai with the back decorated.

Pages: 1 7 replies