Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

pineapple-passionfruit pie

Pages: 1 6 replies

sorry amigos, i don't have recipe, but bought this from Publix = very tasty.

Publix does okay, they dont have ropa vieja, picadillo, or boliche.

but they do have guava turnovers, frozen maricuya pulp, and guayabana juice....

I have a love-hate relationship with a of my local Publix stores. They stock every goya fruit juice cocktail/nectar imagineable EXCEPT for passionfruit which is what I use the most. And they stock every flavor of Jarritos Mexican soda EXCEPT grapefruit which is the one I need for Palomas so I have to hunt that down in Mexican grocery stores. They do stock the frozen Guya pulps which I appreciate, and I agree the bakery does a good job.

I get both the maracuya juice, and the toranja soda at Sweetbay (fka Kash N Karry).

what you making w/all that pash anyhow?

Have you checked the frozen section for the goya passion fruit? The Mexican market I get it from sells it in pouches there.

On 2013-08-11 13:44, thePorpoise wrote:
I get both the maracuya juice, and the toranja soda at Sweetbay (fka Kash N Karry).

what you making w/all that pash anyhow?

I think Sweetbay may be a west coast FL thing. I know them from my wife's neck of the woods in St. Pete but don't know of any around here. There is a Kissimmee Publix near where my folks snowbird where I can find and stock up on the passionfruit cocktail.

As far as the drinks I use it in, Tropical Itch, the occasional Octopus, and mostly in an original cocktail called Pirate's Passion that I am quite fond of:

1.5 oz Appleton V/X
0.5 oz sweet vermouth (Noilly Prat)
2 oz passionfruit cocktail
2 dashes Angostoura
Shake cubes, pour unstrained, no garnish

the Passion's Pirate = a Maricuya Manhattan.!

hey, thanks for that, I'd had the Goya 16 oz passionfruit "beverage" that I always felt tasted "off." Now, i've tried The Goya can of "coctel," which tastes better and more passionfruity, even though it has hfc instead of azucar...

Yep, an Appleton Manhattan is exactly how this one began. Back when I didn't know batter and was using inferior vermouth the drink lacked character and the paracha fixed that right up.

Pages: 1 6 replies