Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Lego Goes Tiki

Pages: 1 20 replies

N

My 9 year old son brought this to my attention. This fall Lego is coming out with a new minifigure called the Island Warrior. Thought it was pretty cool and even cooler that he brought it to my attention.

Interesting....

Yeah, I just noticed this myself earlier this week. My 7 yr old is really into lego. It looks like it will be part of series 11. These "blind bags" set you back about $3-$4 retail, but you never know which one you're gonna get. Also interesting to note that they released a hula girl mini-fig a few series/years
back (series 3).

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2013-08-12 21:19 ]

Look up Bump Dot Codes for Mini Figures.
When Series 11 comes out you should be able to identify the various models.

On 2013-08-12 21:19, Monkeyman wrote:
Look up Bump Dot Codes for Mini Figures.
When Series 11 comes out you should be able to identify the various models.

Oh, that's no fun. It's supposed to be a surprise!

If you only want to get packs that have Island warriors inside.

Many bar code readers for smartphone will tell you what is in the bag.

M

the army is beginning....

I figured out how to feel for the tiki dude through the bag. So far my hit rate is 100%

The trick is that his mask is made of rubber. Its flexible. None of the other figures in Series 11 have flat flexible peices in their bags. If you squeeze the package and feel something flexible then is highly likely that its the Island Warrior.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2013-09-06 09:45 ]

L

On 2013-09-06 09:43, Monkeyman wrote:
the army is beginning....

I figured out how to feel for the tiki dude through the bag. So far my hit rate is 100%

The trick is that his mask is made of rubber. Its flexible. None of the other figures in Series 11 have flat flexible peices in their bags. If you squeeze the package and feel something flexible then is highly likely that its the Island Warrior.

Awesome! Where are these for sale?

M

Many Target stores sell them. Look for series 11 in the green bags.

My luck wasn't as good as Monkeyman's, but I think I've got the hang of it now. I think the spear is the give-away. Once you feel that in there, you can get the confirmation of the flexible mask piece.

Good luck!

If you squeeze the package and feel something flexible then is highly likely that its the Island Warrior.

I tell myself that very same thing.

On 2013-09-17 12:31, Unga Bunga wrote:

If you squeeze the package and feel something flexible then is highly likely that its the Island Warrior.

I tell myself that very same thing.

:lol:

For what it's worth, I used the tip about the rubber mask and got it on my first try.

T-shirts based on vintage tiki matchbooks: TikiTees

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2013-09-17 12:56 ]

You guys are becoming obsessed with these "little Plastic figures"
better not tell you about "Tiki Mugs" :)

Tiki Farm could learn something from this. The "Tiki Mug of Mystery". Ten different designs. When you buy one you get a random design shipped to you and you won't know which you'll get until it arrives. Oh, and, of course, some of the designs have much fewer of them made than others.

S

Awwwww. He is pretty cool but i didn't want the scarecrow.

P.S. That's actually a great idea kenbo-jitsu.

On 2013-09-17 16:29, kenbo-jitsu wrote:
Tiki Farm could learn something from this. The "Tiki Mug of Mystery". Ten different designs. When you buy one you get a random design shipped to you and you won't know which you'll get until it arrives. Oh, and, of course, some of the designs have much fewer of them made than others.

That is an awesome idea! Pitch it to them.

S

He feels, and he scores!

sweet, i scored one thanks to dot codes and the spear/mask touch test (and the help of my son).

:tiki:

next, i want the german maiden for Oktoberfest...

F

Feel for the pretzel. It's a giveaway!

On 2013-09-20 19:05, thePorpoise wrote:
sweet, i scored one thanks to dot codes and the spear/mask touch test (and the help of my son).

:tiki:

next, i want the german maiden for Oktoberfest...

snagged her. actually, the hair w/long braids is the giveaway, the pretzel is otugh to feel. bump codes help too.

So for those of you out there lucky enough to have an Island Warrior or two, or five, let's start seeing photos of some Lego creativity.

[ Edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2013-10-05 11:54 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies