Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

need hollow Tiki / Totem statue (3 ft. high min)

Pages: 1 24 replies

J

Does anyone know where I can find a hollow Tiki or Totem Statue? I need it a minimum 36" tall and 8" wide inside. It can even be plastic. I need to cover up this ugly phone company pedestal in my back yard, and figure something like this would be perfect.

J

Well, I found what I was looking for last weekend (July 18, 2014) at Home Depot. They had lots of new tiki items, and they had a hollow 3-faced tiki/totem statue that is 3' tall and just about 8" inner diameter, and painted to look like real wood. It's a perfect fit over that ugly utility pedestal!

Sounds perfect, good thing you are patient! :wink:
Maybe you could post a pic...

Get creative and paint the ready access cover to look tiki and spend the savings on rum.
Cheers

J

H

What luck, that's just about perfect!

J

Yea it barely fits over it. I may put some rocks or something at the very bottom.

J

Yea it barely fits over it. I may put some rocks or something at the very bottom.

T

Grass next?

J

Ha. I've been tryin. That's one part of the yard that I can't get grass to grow well.

T

Well, stiff upper lip, chip chop, what ho.

Wrap some rope around the base

How perfect is that?!?!?! Great find!

That's great! Can these be purchased on their website?

As a retired telephone technician ... that hollow tiki solution would have been preferable to some of the structures I used to encounter when I would go in back yards to access the pedestal and found people had built stuff so permanent that we couldn't access the thing and therefore they had to destroy it so I could fix their freaking static... : )

I'm trying to hunt one of these down for my area as well. But having no luck.

Do you have a UPC/sku number...what Home Depot location was it purchased at?

Thanks!

[ Edited by: jimsflies 2014-07-29 08:00 ]

EJ

On 2014-07-29 07:59, jimsflies wrote:

Thanks!

Same here. Where in the store did you find it? Garden Center? Over in the fountain section or inside near the torches? Thanks.

J

It was at our store here in Arlington, TX. They had a bunch of various tiki theme stuff in the middle aisle where seasonal promo stuff usually is displayed. Unfortunately, I tore the sticker off the top, & they don't seem to be on the website. I'll try to go back to the store & see what I can find.

I checked a store in Austin today with no luck. Guy in garden center said they haven't had tiki stuff for a couple weeks besides torches. Bummer.

On 2014-07-26 15:39, jesseb wrote:

Lava rock would look so cool!
Cheers

On 2014-07-29 12:58, El Jefe wrote:

Thanks!

Same here. Where in the store did you find it? Garden Center? Over in the fountain section or inside near the torches? Thanks.

Hey Hef, the monrovia H D was running a “tiki daze” promo last week. Large assortment of resin and some cement tikis and stuff scattered throughout but mostly in the garden center. The La Mirada store did not participate.Colors were not my cup of tea but that’s fixable.
Later ese!

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-07-29 22:07 ]

EJ

On 2014-07-29 22:02, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:

On 2014-07-29 12:58, El Jefe wrote:

Thanks!

Hey Hef, the monrovia H D was running a “tiki daze” promo last week. Large assortment of resin and some cement tikis and stuff scattered throughout but mostly in the garden center. The La Mirada store did not participate.Colors were not my cup of tea but that’s fixable.
Later ese!

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-07-29 22:07 ]

Gracias Señor.

J

Here's all they had left:

Here's the sticker from the 36" one

And here's the sticker from the 24" one:

EJ

Thanks.

T

That really looks good. Rocks at the bottom like you said would be perfect.

Pages: 1 24 replies