Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

2 Free Nights for Naming Fundraiser at the Caliente tropics Resort!

Pages: 1 33 replies

C

Aloha Gang! Without doubt this is THE most creative collection of people on the planet (maybe in the universe!) and we'd like your input! Here's the gig: In early September, the CTR will be hosting a major funraising event to benefit Guide Dogs of The Desert (the CTR is entirely pet-friendly). Aside from "Polynesian" libations (we're practicing for Tiki Oasis), food, and entertainment, guests will have the opportunity to bid on a chance to push any of six noteworthy local politicos and celebrities into the deep end of the pool, with a bamboo pole, as they walk the plank. This is our one big local "PR" event for the year, and a great opportunity to educate and share with the locals the Tiki genre--kind of our way of "carrying the torch." So we need your help in coming-up with a title that will stick eternally; it's got to include dogs and Tikis. So have at it and drop us a line! We're giving away two nights in a King Deluxe room for two (other than Tiki Oasis) OR two, one-hour Swedish Massages or Acculift Facials at anytime (including Tiki Oasis)! Mahalo!

[ Edited by: [email protected] on 2003-07-09 23:06 ]

L
laney posted on Thu, Jul 10, 2003 2:44 AM

Wow that's harder than you'd think! After a cocktail and a beer all I could come up with is...

Join us for our Howloha Party for Tiki Gods and guide dogs! Mahalooooooooo

Pretty cheesy, I know, but not bad after you've had a couple!

The Caliente Tropics welcomes you to...

The 1st Annual Polynesian Pups Tiki Luau! Benefits Guide Dogs of the Desert!

Ya could say Polynesian Pooches, too...heh heh. Pono means benefit, you could add that if you wanted.

And slight alternates like Polynesian Pups Tiki Benefit and Luau...depends if you wanna put the Benefit part in the title...

well, wuff, I say, wuff!

Also:

Growly Tiki Hukilau

Makapo Tiki Puppy Party (makapo means blind)

Kona Canine Tiki Luau

Aku Aku Arf Arf Tiki Benefit

Tikiwiki Woof Woof

For some reason the word Aloha never came up with anything...how odd.

Aww what the heck, here are my entries:
Poi Puppy's Polynesian Pool Party
You could add something like "& tiki Bash" to the end of it, but I kind of like the way it sounds when all the words start with the same letter, Kinda lyrical me thinks.
If you like it, I would be more than stoked to create a Poi Puppy character/mascot for ya!
Who are the celebrities going to be? Sounds kind of fun, poking at rich people with a bamboo pole. Maybe Bamboo Ben can whup up some cerimonial cane to use for this specific purpose.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-07-10 08:38 ]

On 2003-07-10 04:23, tikivixen wrote:

Tikiwiki Woof Woof

I may use this name for my first child.

Chongolio

Caliente Tropics' Celebrity Caning & Canine Confabulation.

Note to guests: No let your poi dog go she-she on da tiki.

Mahalo.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-07-10 08:49 ]

How about:

Puppyloha2003

Alternates for this could include: Doggyloha, Puppynesia on the Lanai, Bark-A-Tiki 2003, The Bark of Tiki '03, Pooch-A-Tiki-A-Go-Go, Guide-Tiki, Mai-Tai-Guide-Tai, First Annual Tiki Trot, Leash-A-Tiki, WitCo and WoofCo, Canni-Tiki Walk, The Hound of Calienteville, Puppy Springs Tiki Oasis, Poochatiki...

I suppose 'Scurvy Dog Plank Walking Contest' is a little too piratical... :wink:

I'm sure I'll be adding more!

:)

"Those who think conventionally will never read my thoughts..." - The Black Lizard

http://www.integraonline.com/~missyvonne/index.html

[ Edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-07-10 09:13 ]

[ Edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-07-10 09:22 ]

[ Edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-07-10 09:38 ]

[ Edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-07-10 10:30 ]

The Polynesian Pooch Push!
The Pupu Pup Push.
Pupu pups (mini hot dogs)shall be served for the reception.

Do you have any relation to this website?
Just Wondering.

http://www.travelquarterly.net/pets.htm

By the way, what a great cause. The best to ya!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-10 11:50 ]

Caliente Tropics

Caliente Canine Bow Wow Benefit & Tiki Luau

The Bow-Wow Luau!

First attempt:

Bark-A-Hula Baby!

A Tiki Hair Ball

K

Tiki Wag-In

A

Shelley here sharing her ideas....

Bark Benefit & Tikitillion
Tiki Tender for Tail Waggers
Moon Doggie’s Tiki Fest
Tiki Bitch Benefit
Tiki Bitch Fest
Tiki Bitch Bash
Tiki Bitch Ball (This is my personal favorite.)
Wag the Tiki
Yuppies for Puppies
Bow Wow Hukilau
Hound Hukilau
K9 Tiki Time
Desert Pilots Tiki Ball
Desert Guides Tiki Gala
Tiki it Up for Pups
Paws for Humanity (Is this some other benefit? The name rings a bell.)
Tiki Tail Time
Caliente’s Canine Cotillion
Caliente’s Canine Carnival
Tiki Dog Tails
Tiki Tales & Dog Tails
Dogtillion
Tikitillion
Puptillion
Dollars for Doggies
Tiki Hootenanny for Hounds
Tiki Guide Dog Gala
Tiki Sniffer Soiree

I'll keep trying, Casey!

Exotica Nite at the Tropicanine Bark-a-Lounge
Tropics Tiki Mutt Hut
Tiki Mugs 'n' Mutts
Howlie Hula Nite (sorry C.B.)
Tails of the South Pacific (or Pawcific?)

pardon all these edits...

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-07-10 21:15 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-07-10 21:16 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-07-10 21:20 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-07-10 21:23 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-07-10 21:25 ]

a slight variation of Purple Jade's entry (and homage to Michener) above ...

'Wagging Tails of the South Pacific'

Vern

Can't think of a really good title right now, but how about putting this somewhere on the poster: Support seeing eye dogs - drink yourself blind!

You could also put a photo of a Lassie pup that was standing/sitting near some cantaloupes and call it the "Melon Collie Baby."

Dude, you're gettin' a Tiki!

[ Edited by: TikiMikey on 2003-07-10 22:18 ]

How bout,
"Art the Dog Rules!"

Sorry pet people. My dog (Art)is on his last leg (14 year old Sheppard/Dobie mix). Mega tumors and loosing all his hair. I just wanted to give him a "Heads Up" on this post. He's been one of my best friends and I'll never get another after he is gone. Maybe we could break away and bring him down to the CTR befor it's too late. Casey, could you break the rules and let him take a dip in the pool? We used to throw the ball in the pool and he'd lunge in after it. He loves to swim. Maybe have a (promo) day at the CTR where it's the "Dog Day's of Summer". Let the dogs take over the pool! (just put screen over the filters to catch the hair)Hmmm. A hotel that that "Totally Caters" to dogs for a day? Hmmmmm. Just do it quick so my friend Art can enjoy. He needs this!

Oh, Ben, you're breaking my heart...give that sweet baby a hug for me.

ARGHHH, me too...:(

I send Art the Dog a big kiss for his fuzzy nose.

sad tikivixen

[ Edited by: tikivixen on 2003-07-10 23:35 ]

C

Ben,

Tummy rubs for your buddy from me.

The Desert Dog Dunk Derby

T

I love the "Bark-A-Lounge". Purple Jade you are a genius as always.

Probably something with the name of the benefit (why we are doing this) with just one cool word like 'Bark-A-Lounge' at the end (why it will be fun).

A lot of the names are hilarious but may not convey the purpose of the event...

Whish is hard to do without making it 10 words long, and look at me, the copywriter here didn't even follow my own instructions with my previous entry.

So I'll just go now! Awoooooo

K

Tiki Carouser Bowser Ball?

Seriously though, "Bark-A-Lounge" is a howling good idea.

E

Er...

Poi Paws, Poi Pooches, Mutts' Mahalo? Mahalo to Mutts? Tail of the Tiki (or did Alnshely already get that one? I REALLY like Bow Wow Hukilau!)

Feeling lame, no caffeine yet!

:), emspace.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! And the winner is......

BOW WOW HUKILAU! !

So Shelley, let me know if you want two, 1 hour spa treatments or 2 nights for two, sometime other than Tiki Oasis! We'll send you out the gift certificates pronto!

We sealed the deal with Guide Dogs of The Desert this morning and hopefully Save-a-Pet will be participating as well. We've got a "heady" list of celebrities to contact (dog lovers) and we'll keep you all posted.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU CREATIVE GENIOUS-TYPES. We appreciate the support and thanks for making us laugh, too!

Ben-
Can't do the dog in the pool thing at the Resort (thanks to Riverside County), but you, Mrs. Ben and the "pup" are welcome in my pool (about 1.25 miles away). My dogs swim all the time! Let me know when we'll see you again! You folks can come over to the house and hang out!

Mahalo Nui Loa!!

[ Edited by: [email protected] on 2003-07-11 12:22 ]

M
mig posted on Fri, Jul 11, 2003 12:52 PM

Damn! I didn't get my suggestion in before it was over-- but it might not have flown anyway. I was thinking "Myopics at the Tropics".

:)
mig

T

Bwaahahahah
Mig you rock my world!!!!

Congratulations Pearly Shell!!

I have to admit. I REALLY like "Myopics at the tropics." I'm certain that not everyone would appreciate the humor (gee, I can't imagine why).

Casey! You are the Coolest! We'll have to come see you soon (if Art lasts) And, do a little work on the side. And, drink all your beer! And, get Al and Brad to come(too much fun). After C'Al carves for me, maybe he'll be the Caliente Tropics Resident Carver like he talked about. That would be SweeeeeeeeeeT!

An evening with.....Enchanted Tiki Muts

The Bow Wow Hukilau is genius. Congrats!

Pages: 1 33 replies