Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I don't care if it ain't TIKI or is TIKI, Does anyone know anything about this?

Pages: 1 21 replies

Nice decanter and mugs I picked up.

I say Tiki, although it looks like Squidward in drag....

:tiki:

I think it's SUPPOSED to be tiki... but I've never seen it before. Don't worry, someone will buy it.

I've got a small green Westwood mug which looks a whole lot like the mugs on show. However, it's green on the outside and off-white inside. It also seems to be very old. So, perhaps you've got a nice little collection of Westwoods...?

Trader Woody

TO: TIKIFISH
Looking for info, not for people looking in their crystal ball and seeing that I will be selling it in the future.
Thanks,
Kokomo

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2003-07-10 13:42 ]

I thought what I posted WAS info. Good to see you're ever the asshole.

Trader Woody

I was posting that towards Tikifish, if you can read her post!?!? As a matter of fact, I was typing at the same time you was posting. It was supposed to go under her post. Thanks for the nice comment! Dickend! Take that stick that is up your ass and shove it down your euro throat so your breath will definitly smell better!

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2003-07-10 13:46 ]

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2003-07-10 13:58 ]

Fair enough. Your pre-edited reply just looked like a reaction to all the posts.

So we're agreed. You're an asshole and I'm a dickend. Let's call a trans-Atlantic truce and get on with the Tiki.

Yours,
Trader Woody

Now I said I was going to be nice and take that out, so I put it back and a little more! Maybe a truce now, nahhhhhhhhhhh!

Oh, oh, I'm hearing 'Duelling Banjos' again......

I'll leave you to the insults, Kohomo, and avoid you like the plague in future.

Cheers!
Trader Woody

I've seen this decanter set before, but I don't know much about it. When I was a kid (long before my true tiki collecting days) I bought this set at the neighbor's garage sale. We used to drink kool-aid out of it (cut me some slack, I was like 12 years old at the time!). Anyway, that was back in the 1970s, and I suspect it wasn't brand new then. Don't know anything about the manufacturer.

K

I have seen these sets on eBay before. They appear in a variety of colors and pop up every once in awhile although not always listed as "tiki".

I'm afraid that's all I can offer. I'm sure it was meant to be tiki as 'fish mentioned, although I think they look like an odd pseudo-Mayan-Asian cross-breed what with the garish colors and all.

[ Edited by: pele on 2003-07-10 16:47 ]

S

I've got that same decanter, but no mugs. I always wondered about it. Now I'll wonder some more.

Thanks to everyone with info. Oh and You started the insults Trader Woody and I was kind enough to put mine back in.

T

My crystal ball is never wrong! :)

B

Nope, it's not Tiki. It's TIKKI.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3232479788&category=35712

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2003-07-11 10:06 ]

I'm not trying to start or end anything here. Kokomo, I am sure you are a nice person and great dad, as well as wishing you the best of sales on Ebay. However, If you feel people are getting on you and vibing you, maybe you should look at the way YOU carry yourself and how you have been doing things here on TC. Being a gentleman always get's you what you want. If you take care of people in business, it really does come back to you.

Just wait until Hanford gets home.

is it just me, or does someone always get in a fix after using profanity against one of his tiki bretheren?.Perhaps if this person were a bit more civil, these little moments would not happen.And as far as the banjo comment goes, I just bet kokomo has better teeth.........just kidding. Hanford is getting pissed at the name calling so BEHAVE!!!!!!!!!

Looks Mexican or Aztec type to me... But what do I know?? I say it has a southern south of de' border feel...MMM HMMM YEP

This is actually quite an old post now and was probably one of the reasons for Hanford getting understandably angry. I've since apologised for my part and hope this is all just history now.

Onward and upward,

Trader Woody

On 2003-07-10 12:10, Traderpup wrote:
I say Tiki, although it looks like Squidward in drag....

:tiki:

Ya, and Sponge Bob and Patrick, what's up with that?

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-16 11:15 ]

Pages: 1 21 replies