Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Cover for Summer/Fall 2013 Issue of Tiki Magazine

Pages: 1 14 replies

N

Aloha TC Ohana,

Here's a look at the new cover of the Summer/Fall 2013 Issue of Tiki Magazine. The cover is by Hassan Patterson. Magazines have been placed in stores in San Diego and will be delivered to OC and LA this upcoming Saturday. Subscriber issues are at the mail house and will be shipped later this week. Magazines for stores outside of SoCal will be shipping this week and next. New issue will also be at the International Marketplace (Don the Beachcomber) on September 7th. Hope you like the new issue.

Mahalo,

Nicktiki

Cheers and MAhalo Nick!!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 20, 2013 8:54 AM

And it's a great last issue. Congrats Nick, and it was a blast hanging out with you at Oasis.

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-08-20 11:47 ]

Thanks so much to Tiki Magazine for featuring my work in this issue!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!

T

AWESOME COVER!! AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Thanks Nick for the fun times creating covers with me...and ALL your work and passion! Thanks to your staff...and to Kari, who's eye for story and photos of perfection made this Magazine truly enchanting~~

Recognition well deserved. Thanks for all the years of Tiki in print.

S

Great looking issue, can't wait to read it. Thanks Nick, glad I have most of the issues.

RB

Issue arrived in mail yesterday (Thursday) in Portland OR...made myself a Mai Tai and enjoyed. Great job everyone!

It was the worst cover in the history of the mag, and I've been along since #1. Enough with the grinning cartoony people: keep it Tiki.

HJ

Mag arrived Thursday 21st, what an enormous treat!

Nick, massive, huge, humangous thanks for giving Tiki culture an "anchor" across time and distance!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 23, 2013 10:39 PM

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 23, 2013 10:40 PM

I eagerly anticipate each issue and am never disappointed! Long live Tiki Magazine!

Wow and mahalo, Thor! And big aloha to all of the rest of you! It's been a true gift to play a part in Tiki Magazine for all these years, and I will forever thank Nick Camara for this amazing opportunity. Tiki IS so interesting and cool that it is absolutely worthy of a publication devoted to it. Tiki Magazine helped validate what we love. And considering that every issue sold out, many people clearly feel that same way, too. Nick's vision, dedication and imagination will not be forgotten.

And to all the wildly creative people who have graced the pages of Tiki Magazine for the past nine years, YOU are also to be thanked for helping to keep our Tiki community thriving and fun. If you didn't do what you do, we wouldn't have had as much to write about for nine years!

So keep having fun, everyone. Keep the aloha spirit in your hearts and actions every day, because that is a huge part of what we are about. You'll be seeing all of us again, in one way or another... and we look forward to that!

~ Kari

Nick, just picked up my new Tiki mag at Wacko in LA. Great job! And I LOVE the article on the Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Ann. celebration! Way to go! Thanks for launching a great magazine!

Pages: 1 14 replies