Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

....Tiki Oasis 14....Adults Only? Could this be true? What do you think?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Oh for crying out loud..........Now I gota get a baby sitter?...............Or what?.............

Could this be true?............Is this the end of family fun at Tiki Oasis..............Maybe its for the best............Leave the little tikes with Aunt Thelma..........and Boogie Uggie Uggie

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2013-09-02 16:27 ]

Yes, it seems as though everyone is still hung over or something. It is like a cemetery in here...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45205&forum=17&start=345

T

There are a few on the FB page too.

J

O

If you weren't there don't bitch about the photos not being up on TUESDAY. Not one counted on the cops showing up late Friday night, er Saturday morning. Mistakes were made... cameras were seized. But I managed to get my micro SD 32 gig out. Some of the photos are now posted Oasis 13 thread.

On 2013-08-20 17:33, Ojaitimo wrote:
If you weren't there don't bitch about the photos not being up on TUESDAY. Not one counted on the cops showing up late Friday night, er Saturday morning. Mistakes were made... cameras were seized. But I managed to get my micro SD 32 gig out. Some of the photos are now posted Oasis 13 thread.

I guess you are talking about me here. Well, I have been to the event for 6 years now .I apologize if i came off as "bitchie" in my inquiry about "Wheres the photos". I guess I should have added a smiling face. Your post kinda reads like a detective novel "mistakes were made, cameras were seized but i got my micro out" Over. I thought the spy thing was last year. Excuse me here but I dont understand what you are saying here. I apologize if this post seems adversarial.

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2013-09-02 16:20 ]

no more free soda pop for the kids?

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2013-08-22 12:24 ]

T

On 2013-08-20 13:26, Professor Voodoo Von Tiki wrote:
Oh for crying out loud..........Now I gota get a baby sitter?...............Or what?.............

Could this be true?............Is this the end of family fun at Tiki Oasis..............

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2013-08-22 12:25 ]

Its always been advertised as a 21+ event, as far as I can remember. Just wait for the vitriol you have opened up for bemoaning the fact you have kids and want to attend an adult themed event. :)

Prof, when you completely change the topic title and the first post, all the posts below it cease to make any sense.

On 2013-08-22 14:31, Tiki-ESP wrote:

Its always been advertised as a 21+ event, as far as I can remember. Just wait for the vitriol you have opened up for bemoaning the fact you have kids and want to attend an adult themed event.

I copied this of the Tiki Oasis web sight. So much for the vitriol and bemoaning.

Age 6-17 Weekender Pass
More info: Bring the kids, enjoy three days and four nights at Tiki Oasis

Attendees: MUST be between the ages of 6-17 for this wristband!
Children 5 years of age and younger are free!

Please Note: Evening entertainment is geared towards adults. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult to attend all evening events.

On the lighter side heres a viddy for all to enjoy. MMMMMM Ginger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rCy173y7Y

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2013-08-23 11:58 ]

I DREAM of the day this is an adults only event

There used to be a time when Trader Vic's was 16+. But then again, I'm of the mindset that many of today's adults act like children anyway. :)

B

Believe it or not, one of the joys of T.O. for me is seeing how King Kukulele interacts with kids. Sure, I get a little annoyed when their balloons are blocking my view of the stage or when they land on me jumping in the pool but it's no biggie. I would rather the event be inclusive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk3sW9rs5bY&list=FLO6UPsIhlOaoEN5H0tZraPQ&feature=mh_lolz What does this have to do with tikis?

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2013-08-26 23:40 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies