Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

ob tiki

Pages: 1 28 replies

O

My name is Patrick. I'm a tiki carver out of Ocean Beach, San Diego, CA. I've been carving for over 4 years now. I'm not new to the tiki universe, but I'd consider myself pretty new here on tiki central. I signed up a couple of years ago, but I've never posted anything. That's about to change! Check out my work and let me know what you think! Mahalo!

O

This guy is somewhere in D.C. right now. :)

O

Looks pretty darn cool to me! Nice carves man.

Very cool stuff! Post more pictures of your work! :)

A
amate posted on Wed, Aug 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Great detail on that first group. I agree, post more!

I love the detail of your work..nice job

C
cy posted on Thu, Aug 22, 2013 8:09 AM

Nice Patrick!

D

Really cool. I really dig the one on the far right in the first pic. Definitely post more...

O

Thanks guys! Here's a couple more...

O

T

Nice work! I really like the Ku!

O

Here's a Maori I carved a few months ago. It's hanging out at Raglan Public House in Ocean Beach. If you're in the area stop by and grab a mai tai! Best in town! :wink:

O

You are right about those Mai Tais at Raglan. Reminds me of Tikis bar & grill in Waikiki. Raglan is getting a bunch more business from me with those on the menu! Thanks again for the tip and the drink tickets. They are the best in town.

I like the carvings. That is cool that you put them up in Raglan, I will look for them next time!

[ Edited by: Lunavideogames 2013-09-18 03:04 ]

C
cy posted on Wed, Aug 28, 2013 7:37 AM

A very nice assortment obtiki, nice!

O

Here's a huge stash of some OB TIKI's :)

I know space is very limited in OB, I was wondering where you do your carving? Do you have a garage or a yard where you make your tiki magic happen? It would be cool to see the process that you use as well. Maybe you have some before and after pictures? Did you just pick up carving on your own or did someone teach you?

O

I carve in my garage. Baypark Buzzy taught me how to carve. I started making all my tikis at his place, then moved to a small spot near the Appletree parking lot. I have a garage now near Sunset Cliffs. I don't have too many pictures of tikis until they're finished. I should take more as I work. I'll remember to do that! Check out the OB TIKI facebook page for a ton of pictures!!

O
obtiki posted on Sun, Sep 1, 2013 8:46 AM

O

Here's one I just made for the Te Mana coffee shop here in Ocean Beach. The first pic is of my progress after 1 day of carving, the 2nd is the completed tiki. Swing by Te Mana and check him out!

Cool. Is he holding a coffee mug? Looks great.

O

Yup. Holding a coffee mug. Even tikis need their caffeine :)

O

O
obtiki posted on Wed, Oct 9, 2013 7:18 PM

2 days in to carving for my friends store, The Green Door, in San Francisco. Can't wait to finish this one!

BT

Great stuff, that coffee shop one looks wired, they may have to start pouring him decaf

O

O

A
amate posted on Thu, Mar 27, 2014 4:07 AM

Good looking tiki!

Pages: 1 28 replies