Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Searching for Structural Tiki

Pages: 1 11 replies

K

I'm looking for a 6 foot multi head Tiki. Must be structural. Able to hold weight. No pine or hallow. Minimum 10 inch diameter.

I'm replacing a concrete column that holds up the outside corner of my lanai roof. It's not a full roof run. Main roof ends at house walls. this roof is an angled flat roof just for the 13 x 25 foot lanai. Not the full roof weight.

I'm located in Central Florida.

Thanks for any help.

Carl

being in Florida ,your best bet would be down in the KEYS about the 88 mile maker there have been some carvers there ,it seems like forever.
they do most of there stuff out of Cypress ,and they got a great selection of logs.
Make a Key West trip out of it ,stop ,put in your order on the way down,do Key West for a couple days ,and pick up your tiki on the way home.
I've done it that way a couple of times.
They are very good about rush orders.

K

thanks for the Keys tip. I been by the 88mm, never picked up on the Tiki vibe.

carl

edit: I know the Tiki Bar there. Just didn't observe carving. I should have asked around.

[ Edited by: kala60 2013-08-23 05:48 ]

Carl, check out Jeff's page here on TC. He's in Tampa I think. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45799&forum=12&9

K

Yes, I saw his post, read his facebook and sent an email. He'll show up soon.

thanks for the pointer.

EJ

On 2013-08-22 19:55, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Carl, check out Jeff's page here on TC. He's in Tampa I think. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45799&forum=12&9

I second this suggestion.

K

Sounds good.

Jeff, where you be?

P

sorry... I was sleeping.. lol.

and yeah, I recently saw some tikis purchased down there in the keys, and I kinda thought they paid WAY too much for what they got.... it was a really, really simple design, and it was done in cypress, and they paid like 400 bones for it... I was like "wow... that's a lot for THAT..."

returning your email now...

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2013-08-23 13:07 ]

K

Good stuff. thanks for the email.

carl

Post something on the Brevard Tiki Facebook page as well. We seem to have a fair number of carvers who do all kinds of interesting work. I'm sure one of them can take on the challenge.

Post something on the Brevard Tiki Facebook page as well. We seem to have a fair number of carvers who do all kinds of interesting work. I'm sure one of them can take on the challenge.

P

well, if you're lookin' for Wayne Coombs style piece, then yeah, the brevard guys are your best bet.

if you want something traditional Hawaiian, French Polynesian, etc... I'm your guy...

Pages: 1 11 replies