Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Book of Tiki

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Not my auction, but thought it was a decent price, as it is still wrapped and comes with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261269275909?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

T

Book of Tiki, free shipping, buy it now price on Ebay, $73.56. From Seattle Goodwill.

aloha, tikicoma

Looks like it sold today. While I was checking I saw a copy of Tiki Style for 13 bucks also from Goodwill, and bought. Hope one of you got the BOT :).

aloha, tikicoma

I hope one day BoT finally gets re-printed so I can afford a copy (Tiki Modern, too). Until then I'll just have to keep hunting for that hidden gem!

Don't wait for that. My publisher just cancelled the reprint, which was scheduled for next spring. Said it would interfere with my next project from them. :(

EJ

Sven,

Can you give info on how much we are talking about to do another run of either book? What is the minimum number of copies and cost? I know the publisher retains the rights but can something like Kickstarter or other crowd source founding be used to fund the run up front? Just curious. Thanks.

[ Edited by: El Jefe 2013-10-23 16:14 ]

I have no idea, and I am not considering it. The quality and most of all the worldwide distribution that Taschen has is unmatched, I am not interested in other forms of publishing - may sound spoiled, but I say it's just being pragmatic.

EJ

On 2013-10-23 20:36, bigbrotiki wrote:
I have no idea, and I am not considering it. The quality and most of all the worldwide distribution that Taschen has is unmatched, I am not interested in other forms of publishing - may sound spoiled, but I say it's just being pragmatic.

No, No. I understand about Taschen. They create an awesome product. I am not talking about another form of publishing. I just thought that if Taschen could see up front that at the very least they would get back what they spent to create another run plus some possible profit they would be more acceptable to the idea.

RD

On 2013-10-21 23:08, tikicoma wrote:
Looks like it sold today. While I was checking I saw a copy of Tiki Style for 13 bucks also from Goodwill, and bought. Hope one of you got the BOT :).

aloha, tikicoma

Thanks Tikicoma,

I was surprised when I came home from work and saw your post and found that it was still available on Ebay. This was almost 20 hours after your post. Hopefully it will arrive OK and be in good shape, I did receive an email shipping notification.

I also saw the Tiki Style on Ebay but ended up picking it up on Amazon for essentially the same price when including their shipping. I kind of think it may be the same book because I vaguely remember that both Amazon & Ebay listed the seller as Goodwill in Orange County. If one of us does not receive this book that may be the problem

El Jefe, be patient and good karma will come your way. I think I got lucky because I actually made a purchase in a Goodwill store a couple of weeks ago. (Of course I looked for the Book of Tiki when shopping hoping to find one hiding for a steal of only a few dollars). It looks the management of the Seattle Goodwill knew it had a much better value.

You can always buy the one currently on Ebay asking $600.

Thanks again Tikicoma & good luck El Jefe,

Rum Dog

EJ

On 2013-10-25 13:21, Rum Dog wrote:

On 2013-10-21 23:08, tikicoma wrote:

aloha, tikicoma

Thanks Tikicoma,

I was surprised when I came home from work and saw your post and found that it was still available on Ebay. This was almost 20 hours after your post. Hopefully it will arrive OK and be in good shape, I did receive an email shipping notification.

I also saw the Tiki Style on Ebay but ended up picking it up on Amazon for essentially the same price when including their shipping. I kind of think it may be the same book because I vaguely remember that both Amazon & Ebay listed the seller as Goodwill in Orange County. If one of us does not receive this book that may be the problem

El Jefe, be patient and good karma will come your way. I think I got lucky because I actually made a purchase in a Goodwill store a couple of weeks ago. (Of course I looked for the Book of Tiki when shopping hoping to find one hiding for a steal of only a few dollars). It looks the management of the Seattle Goodwill knew it had a much better value.

You can always buy the one currently on Ebay asking $600.

Thanks again Tikicoma & good luck El Jefe,

Rum Dog

Rum,

Thanks for the positive vibes. Glad someone here got it.

F

Mahalo, Sven. Bad news on the Book of Tiki re-print, but I guess the good news is there's a new book coming! Hey, maybe after we all buy your next book, they'll see the demand for the BoT reprint and not have a timing conflict? :wink:

I like Jefe's idea about a kickstarter campaign, but I have some experience in publishing and know that unfortunately it's very hard for traditional publishing to deviate from or change the way they do just about anything and there's very little authors can do about it.

On 2013-10-23 13:00, bigbrotiki wrote:
Don't wait for that. My publisher just cancelled the reprint, which was scheduled for next spring. Said it would interfere with my next project from them. :(

[ Edited by: finky099 2013-10-25 14:41 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies