Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Disney and Raiders African style painted skulls

Pages: 1 18 replies

PP

Hey all,
after many years of trying to find my niche, Ive finally quit my dead end job to follow my passions!! I'm currently making African/Asian style painted skulls, I have several types; with or without lower Mandrels, on posts which are painted, in a pile, like on the jungle cruise, along with any other style you can think of, looking for custom orders!!!
25.00-35.00 and I can make them weathered if you like, also I put them on a 6 'bamboo pole that is also painted but can make them smaller if you like, all hand painted by me, takes about one day from start to finish,
thanks
paul

[ Edited by: Pele Paul 2013-08-29 14:30 ]

Paul, those look very good! Although if you're advertising your work for sale, it might be easier for people to find it if you spell it "skull." A scull is an oar used on a boat. :)

PP

OMG lol stupid spell correct!! thanks for the heads up, what a dope I am!!!

Congratulations and best wishes Paul!

Yes congrats on retirement!

How much would this one cost with shipping? I imagine the poles might add a lot to the cost.

What is that in the pic behind it, a spear? Is that part of the pole or just something on the work bench?

PP

On 2013-08-29 20:22, jimsflies wrote:
Yes congrats on retirement!

How much would this one cost with shipping? I imagine the poles might add a lot to the cost.

What is that in the pic behind it, a spear? Is that part of the pole or just something on the work bench?

Hello,
Im thinking of making the pole a two piece so it would be easier to ship, I can find out today for you, I need to get some tubes and such for shipping, but will let you know for sure.
lol yea that was one of my first attempts, the workshop is full of "experiments" lol
thanks for the interest!!!
paul

I think a little spear that comes up behind the skull and attached to the poll (like it sort of looks in the pic) would look cool.

PP

OK so it looks like the skull is impaled on the spear? Yea I like that idea too, with maybe the spear tip coming out of the top of the skull too? yea I can do that!! I love your idea!!!

paul

Hi Pele Paul,

Love the skulls, let me know how much and if there is a discount on more than one. My mom lives in Upland so I could pick up on the way to her place on a visit. Would love to see your space too.

Aloha
Ron

PP

On 2013-08-30 16:14, bongofury wrote:
Hi Pele Paul,

Love the skulls, let me know how much and if there is a discount on more than one. My mom lives in Upland so I could pick up on the way to her place on a visit. Would love to see your space too.

Aloha
Ron

Perfect Ron!!! Yea Im like 10 miles from upland, sure I could do a solid discount on 3 or more, let me know what color you like and if you want them on a 6 foot pole or bamboo, and such, I can PM you what I have and can custom some for you, let me know when you would like them and I can have em ready for ya this week!! thanks again
paul

ok here are some of the first 10 Im working on now, I can do them with or without the Raffia grass, and I can make them look more weathered also, plus I can do just plain scary with no war paint at all, and you can choose the colors and length of the pole, bamboo or wood, and so on! I love custom orders, Im planning on adding a African shield and spear as well as a Tiki sign hanging from the jaw too

PP

here are the newest ones, the red one has been sold, thanks!!!!

paul

J

Looking great! Can teeth be removed to make them look like they put up a fight?

PP

sure, I can knock some out for ya.....

PP

already have one satisfied customer !!!!!

I'm loving my skull paul! Thanks for the hard work. He's going to need some friends...will be ordering a few more soon.

[ Edited by: jimsflies 2013-09-13 06:54 ]

On 2013-09-13 06:54, jimsflies wrote:
I'm loving my skull paul! Thanks for the hard work. He's going to need some friends...will be ordering a few more soon.

[ Edited by: jimsflies 2013-09-13 06:54 ]

Right on Jim!!! thanks so much, glad it has a good home lol

paul

PP

gotten some new designs, and improved the skulls, new photos coming.........

Pages: 1 18 replies