Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

South Seas Thursdays!

Pages: 1 5 replies

HT

For those of you that didn't hear me gush about this at Ohana or HRHH, I'm finally bringing proper tiki cocktails to a damn fine tiki bar in Pittsburgh. The decor is great, the drinks have been, for a long time, not up to par. After two and a half years of hosting a monthly Tiki Tuesday there, and seeing attendance dwindle because of the drink quality, the owners finally decided to take a chance on me, and let me do proper cocktails. Sure, it means I won't get the drink them, but I'll be spreading the good word of tiki to others, and that's good enough. Below you'll find the announcement, and although there aren't many TC members here in Pittsburgh, if you're within driving distance, or swinging through, give me a heads up, and I'll be happy to keep a seat warm for you, and even tour guide you around the city!

Ladies and gentlemen come on down to the Tiki Lounge for the finest Tiki cocktails in town! Gone are the days of frozen slush and overly sweet drinks with funny umbrellas. Sample classic Tiki drinks from the height of Polynesian Pop made with only the finest liquor from around the world, fresh squeezed juices, and hand-made syrups, by yours truly. Classic drinks from the likes of Trader Vic, Don the Beachcomber, Ray Buhen, Mariano Licudine, and so many others.
At 8PM each night, I will be doing a mini-cocktail class where I talk about the history of a classic Tiki cocktail and what goes into it. And at 9PM, as the night comes to a close, we ring the bell and pay homage to those that came before us.
The menu changes every week, with lots of surprises in store. I will be shaking up these classic libations with the lovely Greta the Grass Skirt Goddess by my side, and music will be provided by the equally lovely Zombo!

The facebook event can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1413956138823848/

EJ

Good for you Hale and good job!!

HT

Thanks buddy!

ONLY FOUR DAYS AWAY!

HT

Week 2! The first week was a rousing success, and now we're onto week 2, and a new page!

https://www.facebook.com/SouthSeasThursdays

Wanted to let everyone know that this is still going on!
With this sparkling cast of characters:

and drinks!

Pages: 1 5 replies