Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

The Mai Tai Exotic Cocktail Guide!

Pages: 1 4 replies

THE MAI TAI EXOTIC COCKTAIL GUIDE!
I think this came to me by way of Otto's mailing list. Usually Baxdog keeps up with posting stuff from Otto, but I dont recall seeing much posted from Good ol Bax in the past weeks, So I took the liberty. Bax you ok buddy?

Chongolio

NOW AVAILABLE...

The very special 10th issue of the MAI TAI newsletter...

THE MAI TAI EXOTIC COCKTAIL GUIDE!

-Special mini booklet format (4-1/4" X 5-1/2", 50 pages, spiral bound)!
-Close to 50 recipes for exotic cocktails from a variety of weird and strange sources (including a whole bunch from vintage foreign cookbooks, magazine advertorials, and government publications)!
-Illustrations and quotes from vintage menus and matchbooks (Kon Tiki, Kona Kai, etc.)!

JUST IN TIME FOR YOUR SUMMER LUAU!

The Mai Tai Exotic Cocktail Guide is available for $5 (postage and shipping included)... shipped directly to you in a protective padded envelope.

Canadians please use Canadian funds... all others please use US funds to cover increased shipping costs.

You can get The Mai Tai Exotic Cocktail Guide by sending cash, cheque or money order (made out to John Trivisonno) to:

Mai Tai
6361 20th Avenue, Suite 301
Montreal, Quebec
H1X 3P8 Canada

OR

NEW!!! Pay with PAYPAL!
Go to http://www.paypal.com to open your free account.
Send money to [email protected]
List "Mai Tai #10" as the "Subject".
Include your mailing address in the "Note"

[Edited by Hanford to remove the ALL-CAPS]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-10 18:14 ]

Sorry Hanford, I didn't catch the caps when I pasted in the Subject. I guess I deserve Capital Punishment. (rimshot)
Can I still call myself a Dumb #@$!!
eek-eek,
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-07-10 17:33 ]

TB

I just got my Mai Tai #10 issue in the mail. The Montreal Tiki Appreciation Society outdid themselves this time by transforming the kitschy newsletter into a spiral bound cocktail recipe booklet. John, Mirella, Adam and everyone else, you outdid yourself this time, I just ADORE it!!!!!

The varied sources of old German, Italian, & British cookbooks, magazines and other surprise sources make an interesting offering of recipes. I sure cant wait to try out some of them at my next bash in The Tihiki Room (our outdoor tiki deck.)

Thanks guys for this cute addition to my collection of tiki paraphernalia!!!

T

John and his possee of Tiki gods have been maintianing their Montreal Tiki Appreciation Society in possibly the coldest and remotest and yet surprisingly Tiki-fied urban zone in North America (save for Alaska - Tiki free, I believe) for some time now.

Any group operating so close to Jardin Tiki can't be all bad!

Their Mai Tai newsletter is a great east coast companion to Otto's west coast-based Tiki News, all TC-ers should check it out.

Their new cocktail guide does stray from the usual 'top ten' Tki drinks we know and love, but contains quite a few intriguing new (to us) recipes that may become Canadian Tiki Classics before too long - nice job, John!

Thanks for the compliments folks!

Comments on the guide (and the recipes themselves) have been pretty good so far.

There are so many drink guides popping up these days that our objective was to stray from the "top 10" recipes somewhat.

Some of the stuff we dug up is probably too weird to drink (and where the hell am I supposed to find ingredients like "Swedish Punch" and "Parfait Amour" anyway!) but fun nonetheless...

Enjoy!

Pages: 1 4 replies