Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Roll Call for Bongs O.C.Mini Crawl............

Pages: 1 38 replies

Who's going via bus?

We're in (Al and Shelley)
Al

you can count me in! Going solo, so far...!

:tiki:

I'm in.

Me and the Mrs. are going. Sounds like blast

Count me and the Missus in too. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, what's the date again ?

In like Flint...on the 12th, right?
Ben's, Li's, Sam's, Royal Tahitian, Ben's-
right?

F

Me, too.

T

Tiki Bong and his wahini are in!

S

T and A are in! Possibly Weezer too.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

T

OK, Here's the Head count so far:

Mr & Mrs Bamboo Ben
Al & Shelley
Traderpup
Polynesian Pop
Mr & Mrs Baxdog
Mr & Mrs 'thechitiki'
bigbrotiki
floratina
Crazy Al & Lizzy
Trustar & Guest
Mr & Mrs Tiki Bong (and a friend)
T & A Stentiki

If anyone else is going please post.

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-03 17:19 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-07 19:44 ]

S

okay, i just talked to weezer and chrissy are out. :( as floratina noticed at tiki oasis, chrissy is 'with child' and they think she may have it early -- so they are staying home to be on the safe side. the good news is that uncle arty will soon have new nephew, and T and A are still in!

aloha,

uncle arty

p.s. fyi: 'T' is my wife and 'A' is me. that accounts for two.

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2002-07-03 16:04 ]

F

I am sorry to hear the Weezers will not be able to make it. You and Weezer are comedy ninjas! Uncle Arty will be there to represent - I am psyched!

T

Add me to the "List""Trustar"

Paul

BB

Got a cal from C'Al yesterday and he and Lizzie are in too. I'll post for him.

I went to Li's last night and they are stoked that the Tiki Central- Bong's OC mini crawl is coming to try their tropical drink menu. The original bartender Freddie passed away 5 years ago, but they have perfected his menu since. The bar is small like maybe 6-8 stools so they asked if we could call ahead to accomidate us to the side of the bar. I told them on behalf of everyone I didn't think that would a problem.

T

Add two more to the bus list for me.

Thanks

"Trustar"
Paul

Anyone notice this is now a "Hot Topic!!"??
The file is "On Fire!!" Score!!!

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page. Meeting time? Is it still at 5pm at Bamboo Ben's? How about the bus? Are we all just going to split it?

Our bud Elliot and his friends, Jan and Larry, would like to go. Is there room?.
Al

Yeah, what about that bus? I will be down there by 5:00

According to Ben, the bus has 29 seats, and we are just about 20 so far, so bring'em on, the more the merrier (and cheaper)

I am wondering if a bus has actually been contracted.

No, we are all gonna line up in double rows in Ben's parking lot, and go "Honk Honk!" and "Vroom Vroom" and "Screech" as we chug along the route to Mai Tai-ville...
It's all about make believe, isn't it?

But seriously, I would expect that either Ben or Bong have done that...and hope that neither assumed that of the other!

Hey All!

I ordered the bus just now at Ben's shop. I put it on my Amex card. For 6 hours (6pm to 12 am), including gratituity, it's $375. If 20 people are going that will be about $20 per person.

If you're wondering if there is enough room for additional people, count up who's going on this topic and figure it out. The bus seats 29 people.

Oh yeah! They said if we mess the bus up it's $200 more! So be cool.

Try to get to Ben's shop on YORKTOWN by, as in no later than, 6:00 because we leave then.

Payment for the bus is due and payable to my wahini when we sit our butts down on the seat.

The plan is Sam's first, then Royal Hawaiian. If we still have time we hit Li's. Or else if it's after 12:00 and the bus is done, we'll can drive there as Ben thinks they would stay open if we call 'em.

Aloha.

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-10 17:30 ]

I sure hope that we go to Li's, why rent a bus if we just hit two joints, I can drive with one Mai Tai from Sam's to the R.H. myself, that's no crawl...

P

I'm going to try to make it. I think I can get to OC by 6PM (I'll be coming from Pasadena that day). It'll be just me so add one to the list. Directions to where we're meeting, or a complete address so I can look it up on mapquest, would help a lot.

-- Paul

Bigbro!

After 11:00 pm the bus is $65/hour (plus 20% gratituity). We are paying that rate from 11:00 to 12:00. I'm cool with keeping the bus past 12:00 am as long as everyone knows that they'll need to cough up the additional bucks as they will have paid in full to 12:00 am as soon as we leave Ben's place.

It's my Amex card on the line. I love you all, but credit it credit.
If you're cool with that, let's do it.

Bong

Alooooooha's!
How come everyone wants to go at the last minute? We might have to exchange Mrs. Bamboo (due to kid sitter problems) with King KU-KU Lele!!!!!!! I'm in serious talks with him about the entertainment on the bus. C.D's are great but King Ku-Ku on the bus!!?
How fun would that be!!?? Bong put his ass on the line (the bus co. has many contradicting what-evers in their contract) so, a cheers to him and his wahine at Sams would be cool. (Bong was a bit worried cause he hasn't met anyone in person but, I put my ass on the line telling him how everyone is so cool). Wow, this is going to be so cool!!

Well, nobody knew that until now...so let's get some more people on board!
I just think if we simply go from A to B, why go to Ben's at all, just meet at Sam's, and go to the RH from there (and after that everybody is on their drunk own). That really does not require a bus...
So, in my opinion, off course we should pay for the extra hour, and go to Li's...can one eat there, or is dinner at Sam's?

Don't worry about you credit card, no Tiki Central bro gets left behind!

p.s I made a mistke.
The bus holds 28 people. Does that mean I'm out if it fills up? Shit!!! God Damn it!!!!

Mahalo,
Bamboo Ben
Bamboo Ben (custom tropical decor)
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-11 00:26 ]

Alooooooha's again,
We'll call Li's from the store before we leave and see if they can't stay open for us. Last week when I was in, they expressed 20+ people in their bar would make them very happy!! Ah so!!! Slow 4th weekend I guess. I'll call em' tomarrow and see if they will stay open for booze and food for the crawl. Or at least stay open till, we close. Might be walking back to the store. It's only 5 city blocks!!!!! But, there is a hill. Yikes!!

One omre thing then I'll shut up.
REMEMBER TO PARK IN THE WALLGREENS PARKING LOT IN THE BACK. Or, on the street.

See you's all Friday. I won't remember your names (from the Oasis blurr) so introduce your self's many times!!!
Alohas
Bamboo Ben

Is there still room for tomorrow? I'd like to go, or should I just meet at Sam's?

Tikiphantom

A

I posted yesterday that 3 more crawlers wanted to be in our party. They have decided not to come.
Al

Hey Tikiphantom!

After reviewing the list, with its adds and deletes, I am pretty sure you get a seat on the bus.

For anyone else, just go from page 1 to 3 and keep track of each members additions and subsequent deletions. Keep in mind that Bamboo Ben said the bus holds 28.

Remember, be at Bamboo Ben's shop at 712 Yorktown #20 (just West of Beach Blvd, you'll see the sign on the front of his shop) in Huntington Beach by 5:45 because we leave at 6:00.

Aloha

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-11 21:01 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-11 21:03 ]

Thanks, I'll see ya tomorrow.

Tikiphantom

Aloha Crawlers,
New Route.............
We leave the store by 6:00 (no later ) and go to the Royal Hawaiian ( they said their peak is 8:30 so 6:30 will be semi empty!!), Then we go to Li's ( a few drinks and then the crazy oriental wall decor will make you dizzy) , then we go to Sams (just called Sams and the bartender is looking forward to seeing us/tiki central and said the bar is open till 12:00 and with 25-30 people, might be open a little later). Sounds like we're gong backwards!!? But, isn't that what we are doing anyways? Back to 50's + tiki and now in 2000!! Think about it.
p.s. Kink kuku went A-wol on me so, if he shows, he plays. If not, we play!!!
mahaloooooos
15 hrs. and counting

Mrs.Baxdog and myself cannot get to ben's to take the crazy bus :( but we will see you at the Royal :)

Lady Velour and myself will not be able to attend. I have been really over-worked and under-tikied the past few weeks and continues today. Perhaps I can sneek away and meet up with all of yous at Sams. What time are you going to be there?

JV

Pages: 1 38 replies