Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Halloasis! October 4,5,6th @ Mojave

Pages: 1 20 replies

I have been a bit slow posting here Halloasis is October 4,5,6th. We know there is a full schedule for October and this will be our last October event, of course Mojave Oasis in April will still be happening!!!!!!

Well, I really dig camping at Mojave Oasis where camping meets tiki and I won't miss it. I hope to see some of the usual suspects there.

T

Think a link will help out here.

http://www.mojaveoasis.com/halloasisoct462013.html

I keep reading this as "Halitosis".

On 2013-09-18 23:47, PiPhiRho wrote:
I keep reading this as "Halitosis".

I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:

Me 3 :)

Bump

H

Hey all you Mojave bound folks for Halloasis... John (dibroc) and I will be cooking again for this event. So, we would like to get a count for lunches and dinners.

Planned dinners:

Friday: taco dinner
Saturday: spaghetti dinner

Big Breakfast will be served on Saturday, continental breakfast available on Friday and Sunday mornings.

Lunches are in the works, depending on how many will be buying lunch.

Please PM me with number for each meal, and include if you are NOT a carnivore! :) ... and if you could do so by Wed at 7pm, it gives us the info we need to shop and prepare.

[ Edited by: hoolie 2013-09-29 11:43 ]

Did I hear something about a deranged lunatic who escaped
from a mental facility is running around in the area?

Yes, his name is lucas.
8-o

So who's going to this thing?
Is this thing on?
Bueller bueller?

Jeff btd

I will be there with my wife and another couple. I will enjoy a quiet tiki weekend. Party at the trailerpark!

Wade & Bonnie

I'm here now, and set up and playing.
Only a handful of people so far.

If yer wondering about the wind.
It's mild. 10-15 mph up here.
Nothing like the 60 mph plus on the way up.
If you had plans on coming.
Get up here and away from the wind n dust down below.

Jeff btd

M
Murph posted on Fri, Oct 4, 2013 3:56 PM

We'll be on our way up shortly!

Just got home.
Small but fun gathering.
I'm so glad I was up there,
instead of down here in the wind n dirt.
Around 70, with a mild breeze.

Jeff btd

H

It was a great weekend! Thanks for having this event Amy. A big thank you to Marcus, who was a big help to John and I as we were cooking and shuttling food to the new food service area. I appreciated everyone's patience as we tried out the new place for setting out food... I know sometimes it must have seemed like we were in slow motion, but we old folks were moving as fast as we could. :) I'm sorry I couldn't socialize more, but feeding the masses takes time and concentration to get the food out hot and relatively on time. It was great to see and meet a few new people, and to see some regulars there too. Hoping we can make it to the event in April 2014!
P.S. BTD, you always seemed to read my mind and put just the right tempo of music on when my energy was flagging...there was a WHOLE lotta dancing going on in the kitchen!

TM

P.S. BTD, you always seemed to read my mind and put just the right tempo of music on when my energy was flagging...there was a WHOLE lotta dancing going on in the kitchen!

I second that. Jeff has great taste in music, and a great collection....

Thanks guys,
And my pleasure.
Always great to share my music collection.

Jeff btd

Thanks Amy and all of the crew that helped make it a relaxing weekend. The Oasis is looking great and the weather was perfect. Man, I love that place.

Pics?

sorry we had so much fun, no one took pics...lol

TT

Sorry Ben, I wasn't there. :wink:

Pages: 1 20 replies