Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

tikiyaki orchestra :the skinny

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

Aloha friends of The Tikiyaki Orchestra.

I know some of you have been wondering what is going on with the group, so I'm going to dispel any rumors and let you know what's happening.

It has been brought to my attention that an announcement has been made that The Tikiyaki Orchestra has "broken up".

I'd like to clarify. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

At the end of last year, I contacted the band members and basically informed everyone that I wanted to take a break, and that I didn't know whether or not I would continue the group, or when I would if I DID want to continue.... I just wasn't sure of my future plans.

I also asked all band members to NOT make any sort of "announcements" regarding the group, as , when and if any announcement would be made, it would come directly from ME, as Tikiyaki Orchestra is MY band, started by ME, and maintained by me. Yes, we all collaborate and pitch in, but any official word or bottom line on Tikiyaki will come from me and me ONLY.

SO...whatever you heard, from anyone other than me, is not to be taken as truth.

I wanted a hiatus, so I'm taking one. Period.

The group WILL continue. Probably in more than one form....
Alot of folks have asked me to do a smaller "combo" version, so we will be introducing that soon, and I will make an official announcement shortly.
We will also bring in the bigger orchestra sized group again as well, and of course a new album from one OR both configurations.
I'm currently working on new material, and am looking forward to recording and performing again.
The faces may change, but that Tikiyaki sound you know will continue and evolve.

SO.....There IS a Tikiyaki Orchestra, and if anyone from the group you knew as Tikiyaki Orchestra is telling you otherwise, it's because they're misinformed or have not been asked to come back.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who bought the albums, came to the shows and supported our little experiment over the past 5 years. In all my years of playing in bands, I've never had such an enthusiastic response to any of my groups as I've had to this one...so, thank you !

A quick note on Steady Eddie
Sadly, Eddie's health has taken a turn for the worse. We're all praying for him and hope he is comfortable, but himself and his wife Stephi are keeping their situation private, so all we can do is wish him the best. He's been a loyal member of the band for 4 years, and is one of the sweetest guys you could ever meet. Please keep Eddie in your thoughts and prayers.

Mahalo, Jim Bacchi - Tikiyaki Orchestra

Good to hear from you, Jim! Glad the band will be around.

Jim,

Thanks for the post, with the lowdown
And thanks for all that you do.

All my best wishes for Eddie,
Hang In there Brutha!

Loyal Tikiyaki fan n friend
Jeff btd

Thank you for the update
And saying prayers for Eddie

TM

I was at your first gig (and even your first "almost-gig" at the bali hai!) and have loved and admired your band from the beginning. I have always appreciated your attention to detail, authenticity and professionalism. All I can say is that your band was carbon copied by another band that includes some of your ex-members....so that right there is a tribute to how good you are at what you do.

Sorry to hear about Steady Eddie. I got the chance to meet him briefly at a concert we mutually attended, and he is a great guy..

I am looking forward to the next incarnation of your band, Jim!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzbubble

[ Edited by: Lucas Vigor 2013-09-25 15:41 ]

thanks for the note jim. really looking forward to anything you and the band (small combo or orchestra) do.
my prayers and thoughts go out to steady eddie and his wife.

Back at Don the Beachcomber for NYE show. 2014

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48314&forum=17&11

Pages: 1 6 replies