Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Large Vintage Masi Cloth

Pages: 1 1 replies

Hi All
I am new to TC and am hoping there are a few experts within who might shed some light on this. (Bali Hai Buster had the great suggestion that I join and post)
My mother was given this cloth as a parting gift when she left Fiji in 1964 (she was there for a 2 week conference). My understanding is that is technically considered a "Masi" and not a "Tapa". It is about 7' 9" by 14' 9", and looks like 2 layers, is uncut and has been stored in dry locations, folded and rolled, in a box since she returned. Can anyone shed any light on the design? It seems to be very simple. I'm planning to put it on eBay (unless someone here would like it), and would be grateful for comments.
Many thanks!
p.s. the username comes from my 7th grade wood shop class where one of the projects was making an acrylic tiki head out out of layers of acrylic using different colors of adhesive resin...it got me started making small pine tiki heads on my fathers grinder, staining them, stringing them on leather thong and selling them in the neighborhood for 25 cents...obviously I didn't have a paper route growing up at the beach in southern california.

[ Edited by: acrylictiki 2013-10-10 13:01 ]

T

I want to see your acrylic tiki heads.

Pages: 1 1 replies