Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Gigantic Witco collection on eBay

Pages: 1 10 replies

Not my auction, and I know it may be bad form to post active auctions, but the asking price is forty grand, so I figured it would be ok..

Thought it was worthy of posting here due to some rare pieces: the Graceland bar, tiki lounger etc.

I've never seen that chest of drawers & tiki mirror outside of Tiki Modern, and I've never seen that high-backed couch at all..

They also seem to have a huge bolt of Witco fabric by itself. Due to the sheer volume of pieces, wonder if it came from the home of an employee?

Cool to see all of it in a big pile anyway..

I count about 18 pieces, which would round out at $2220.00
for each item......cough,cough....

G

Interesting. I ran into the back part of that couch at a junk store in Pueblo early in my collecting. At the time, it was speculated that it was a head board.

ATP: no doubt. Asking price is kookoo.

Gabba: you may be right. On a closer look, that may be a headboard w/ matching bench, similar to the leopard set in TM

TT

$40k?
Could take 6-8 months off work and teach myself to make that stuff and have the fabric custom made, that's insane.

Yes, these are an obscene markup of what they are worth
and if anyone says "well it's worth whatever someone will pay"
I will take away their rum allowance.

G

Anyone else look at the other auctions? Seeing as it is all old medical equipment, I choose to believe this set was from the coolest doctor's office ever.

That seller is out of his f**kn tree ...that's all I got to say !

P

uhh, yeah....

for that kinda cheese I'd rather have a NEW CORVETTE.

that dude must be on meth...

F

I think it's the jousting knights that really juices the drink in that collection. $2200 worth right there!

Pages: 1 10 replies