Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Days at Armstrong Garden Centers

Pages: 1 6 replies

I stopped by Armstrong Garden Center yesterday to pick up some stuff to spruce up the yard, and stumbled upon their current promotion: Hawaiian Days! The whole place is all decked out in bamboo, thatching, reed fence, fish nets, etc... and loads of tropical plants.

Good deals on quality tropical plants of all types, but the best deal I found was my new Rapa Nui birdbath! Cast concrete and 27" tall, one of the best lawn ornament Tikis I've seen recently. Here's a pic for ya: Rapa Nui Birdbath

They also have a pretty awesome Pacific Gong, perfect for those ceremonial offerings to your home Tiki Temple. Its in cast concrete & metal, about 2 feet tall. Best feature is it really sounds great! Not just a cheapo decoration gong like they'd have at Cost Plus or Pier 1, but a real gong with a loud, clear tone!

They also have some plants they don't normally carry: pineapple plants with baby pineapple already showing (takes 2-3 yrs to get this far if you grew one on your own); anthurium growing out of lava rocks; pikake flower (makes awesome leis).

Its worth checking out if you have an Armstrong Garden Center nearby!

:tiki:

D

oooh! how much was the birdbath? its awesome!

oh, forgot to mention the price.... the gong and birdbath are $149 each...

:tiki:

Is that birdbath cool or what???

• Pamita
T

Man,
That bird bath is tres cool (that's one more than too cool!)

I guess this Armstrong place is a West Coast thing. As being on the East Coast I've never heard of them. I don't believe we have anything like that. We have Frank's over here, and the coolest thing they have is probably Garden Gnomes!
And quite frankly between you and me, they scare the livin' hell out of me! I think they are pure evil!! :evil:

that looks like the best side table a girl could have....too bad i am east coast too, looks too heavy to ship!

D

its a southern california thing ~ i did see another moai type concrete statue on ebay, nifty, but once again, shipping would be an issue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2037611494

we need an underground railroad system Free the Tikis!

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2002-07-07 21:46 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies