Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Allen's Coffee Brandy

Pages: 1 6 replies

A friend just brought this back from Maine, any recipes/ideas for it? Thanks in advance!

There's a thread or two in here for Mai Kai's Black Magic or a version called Dark Magic that uses coffee syrup or coffee brandy. It's damn tasty. However, what you do in Maine is drink it with milk and/or vodka.....Gorilla Milk!

On 2013-10-24 07:15, Kill Devil wrote:
A friend just brought this back from Maine, any recipes/ideas for it? Thanks in advance!

Hey Kd, i’ll bet that would perk up a Mexican or Irish Coffee.
Mahalo
I did a quick search”where to buy?” and got sidetracked. Apparently it’s pretty good in lightweight cocktails (60 prf.) and inexpensive which has earned it a certain notoriety on police blotters across Maine.
Still, I’m gonna get some.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-10-24 20:31 ]

Allen's Coffee Brandy + roll of duct tape = Downeast Toolkit

Evidently, Allen's (often served 1/2 milk, 1/2 Allen's) is quite the famous/infamous tipple in Maine. Here's some local nicknames:

A & OK -- a reference to Oakhurst milk (OK) and the legendary Maine softdrink, S & OK Soda*

Gorilla Milk -- which the Urban Dictionary relates to the way the drink raises the Stupidity Factor, but which I have heard relates to the appearance of the ladies drinking it (I know, not very friendly)

Sombrero

The Champagne of Maine

Fat Ass in a Glass

Liquid Leg Spreader -- as described by the Mainah Glossary blog

Biddeford Martini

Liquid Panty Remover

As a former maniac I can say with shame that Allens and milk is the unofficial drink of fat white girls the state over. If you like coffee brandy its not bad and cheap.

Storm

On 2013-12-05 20:37, stormrider wrote:
the unofficial drink of fat white girls

Storm

mmmmm... faaaatt girlllsss...

:::homer simpson drooling:::

(altho, havent been w/any fat white girls, only with fat non-whities)

:wink:

Pages: 1 6 replies