Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Gardens, Indian Rocks Beach, FL

Pages: 1 4 replies

P

Hello.

My name is Jeff and I'm a tiki guy in Tampa.

I have recently had a minor break-through & figured out who I needed to speak to about doing some tikis at the old TIKI GARDENS location, and it is looking very positive...

So it's looking like I may be the guy that brings tikis back to tiki gardens, and the city officials are drawing up some sort of agreement for me to sign.

From what I understand, there was a long thread here about an effort years ago to do this, and apparently the wheels fell off the wagon somewhere and it didn't happen. I tried using the search function to find it and was unable to do so. Anyone have a link?

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2013-10-27 12:15 ]

Scott "Tiki Gardener" was the guy who wanted to do a memorial, it must be in his posts somewhere. Scott was really dedicated, but some other guy swooped his moniker, and wanted to make money of the Tiki Gardens name, and Scott dropped it in disgust:

http://www.tikicentral.com/search.php?term=&frm=all&usr=TikiGardener&srt=newest&srch=text

I wouldn't worry about the past, why and what did and did not happen - wrong time, wrong place, most likely. Either there is a new guy at the helm over there now, or they finally got wind of the Tiki revival...

Go with the momentum you have now, and do your own thing.

P

thanks Sven...

My motives are pure, not a money gig at all... hell, I told 'em I'd do it for free...

All about doing what I can to bring tiki back to the old school historic tiki locations here in the sunshine state...

I have already done some BIG marquesian tikis at the Tahitian Inn here in Tampa, and I'm in talks with the people who own the hotel that used to be "the outrigger" about doing a piece there as well...

Run with it!!!! Get those tikis up!!!

Pages: 1 4 replies