Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Which came first, Log or Dental?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I've seen people claim the Dental mug was the first Tiki Farm mug, but the Log mug has a lower ID number (BA001 vs BA002). Which came first? Maybe the confusion stems from the fact there were three versions of the Dental mug: purple, green, and yellow with a handle?

From Hiphipahula's (Kelly) Ooga-Mooga page on the Purple Dental it looks like the Dental actually was the first production mug even though Log had the lower number

According to Holden Westland, "Hey Kelly, There were only 2 light green's produced - 1 I kept & 1 I sold on ebay in 2000 for like around $20. It was the 1st mug to be tooled-up and produced by Tiki Farm. Item # was BA002 (BA001 was Log) but although #2, it saw the 1st production and on the green, the bottom mark indicates it as a limited edition which I changed after sampling, deciding "I'm gonna make affordable and cool Tiki mugs" - nobody was doing that at the time." In the end the 2 Light Green that came first and the 100 Purple were considered LTD Editions. The bottom of the mug marking is, Tiki Farm and a "Circled Copyright C" logo. The "Non Handle Dental" was never produced again as it slipped out of the hand to easily. Squid re-designed the mug with a handle. The Handled Production Dental bottom marking reads "Tiki Farm Copyright circled C logo 2000" It was run in the color Yellow. A Small number of Beige were made for The "Oceans 11" in Austin Texas

Thanks! I thought I had read that somewhere but my search turned up nothing. Guess I didn't look hard enough. :)

Tacky, I know very little about collecting. So little, if fact, that I Googled Tiki Farm Dental just to see what you were talking about. That information was on the first page I opened :lol:

You must be Irish. :D

Pages: 1 4 replies