Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Burn baby Burn, disco inferno! 7/19 4ish or?

Pages: 1 46 replies

Hey all you So.Cali Tiki Freaks! We're gonna get a pit at the end of Beach Blvd. (State Beach Side-left) this Saturday (7-19) and burn some wood and roast some weenies, etc. If any of you want to join we'll be there round 4ish. (actually, I'm going to go there early in the a.m. and put a canopy over the ring to reserve it) so if you want a "Beach Day and or night for your white tiki asses," go there earlier! It'll be a 10x10 green and white canopy and we'll affix some Bamboo to it for recognition of the site!(hey! TC colors!!!) It'll be a BYOB and a byo whateva?!(wood always helps) (It's kinda strick down there so hide your booze in milk cartons, if you catch my drift!)

So, who's gonna bring the "Tiki" to sacrifice? Make it a big one! Ooooooooooo. And the other parts of the world Freak as we sacrifice!!

THIS SOUNDS GREAT. Some of us will be helping Pop move to his new abode that day, but I just checked with him and he thinks we'll be done by then. Besides, you'll probably be there for a while, I'm guessing. Am I wrong in assuming that there is a parking lot at the end of Beach Blvd. near to this 'boo encampment? I hope that Mrs. B and the little 'boo scrublets will make an appearance.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-07-13 22:57 ]

Floratina and Others. If there is no parking in the lots (state-left or city-right), make sure to bring your skateboards! You can drop your stuff at the the loop ( honk fifty times in a row and then we'll know it's you's, and can bring your stuff over(49 times and you haul it!)) and then park up Beach Blvd. towards Atlanta. It's free up there(1 block and that's where the scateboards come in handy! or, bikes, rollerblades, scoooters,razors, wheelchairs, anything but feet! But, then again, it's a short jont on foot). If you park up that way, stop by the Hyatt on the right go to the bar and get a drink and receive a free (tiki farm) mug with it!)OK! That is all the info I have left in me. I've got to save the rest for collecting things to burn! Idea!!! I wonder what a Whitco stool would do in da fire???!!!

Where's that Poly "Secret Agent" Pop moving to anyway?

Bendoggy it's a good night to get rid of all those beams I brought you if you are not going to carve them.

Ben, sounds like fun. As Tina mentioned, a few Hoity Toity's are gonna be out my way helping me move all my tikis and stuff to my new pad. Since we're starting around 9am-ish, I don't think we'll have any problems making a 4pm HB Fire Party!

Dang! I'll be in SD on business. VG and I were just taling Sunday about a Tiki beach party. Do they allow hooch on that beach or should one just bring "coke" in plastic bottles?

B
Boob posted on Tue, Jul 15, 2003 9:14 AM

Remember those "beer wraps" they used to sell? Dr.Pecker and Montain Dow? Looked just like the lable but with a twist. Hmmm. Lapu's would look good in Cactus Cooler bottles (the garnish would be kinda tricky though!). We used to drink "Milk" in "Cartons" all the time at the beach. Coke sponsors the city beach to the right. Not sure if state beach has a sponsor yet.

hey Bamboo, what town that be?

On 2003-07-15 11:20, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
hey Bamboo, what town that be?

That be H.B. The town all TC'rs love to hate. (funny, if it's so bad why do a million m-fer's come every weekend?)

The Bong tribe will be there ready to make burnt weenie sandwiches and smores. I'm gonna help Poly Pop move also, but we'll make sure to be there around 4 or 5 or 6.

Let's tell some real scary tiki ghost stories around the ol campfire.

(... and she heard this scratching on the roof of the car...)

Hey Tiki Bong,

The reason a million m-fers visit HB every weekend is to stare at sweet young bikini's!

Hey, how do you get there from the 405 fwy (southbound)? Can someone give me some general directions?

On 2003-07-15 23:19, vintagegirl wrote:
Hey, how do you get there from the 405 fwy (southbound)? Can someone give me some general directions?

Hi Vintagegirl,
I grew up in HB and Newport. you will probably get different replies, but my best\easiest route is from 405 S., take Beach Blvd West, and you will dead end right into H.B. Wish I could go, have fun!

UB is right. Beach Blvd. is the easiest and most direct, but here's more detail:

405 South, exit at "Beach Blvd./Huntington Beach".
(Not the "Beach Blvd./Westminster" exit.)

Upon exiting you will need to make a quick left at "Center Ave.", THEN you will come to Beach Blvd., which you will then need to make a RIGHT.(Your first light you pass while on Beach Blvd. will be "Edinger" and you know you are going the right way).

Keep going down Beach Blvd. (just under 6 miles) and you'll hit PCH.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys!

Also note that at the end of Beach Blvd, the LEFT entrance is the STATE beach and the RIGHT entrance is the CITY beach. We will be on the STATE beach side.

Pop's moving experience should be over around noon, so those (suckers) helping him should be able to show up at a reasonable time.

OK, I'm not expecting too much here since I live rather north of everything, but I would love to hitch a ride with someone down to the beach. (The car will probably still be in the shop....again and Atomic is coming from San Diego.) I live in the north end of the San Fernando Valley. Is there anyone that might be near there in the afternoon that I could ride with?

MB

Oh, Miss Vintage, so hope you can grab a ride. Would be great to relax at the beach with you two. The events are so busy, we never get a chance to chat. It's been beautiful weather here....warm and humid in the evening with a slight breeze....just like da islands. :)
Hope we see you Saturday.
Mrs. Boo

Got me a chainsaw today to carve up a "sacrificial Bax beam tiki" It's gonna burn "awe so good!" I've been age-ing the beams(nice and rustic). Never say never Bax Doggy Dog!!! As soon as I conquer "Kick Back" (son of a bitch got my mustache today!!! small blood) you, will wake up to a lawn jockey tiki!!! How was Eur-e-ope? Food good? Pack up the kids and come on down for Hot - doggy - dogs and a good ol' Beach Fire, Burn !!! Was in the water today....72! All so tropical for So.Cal. Heaven, we're in heaven!....(and so are my plants!!)

Hey Moisha, I'm planning on going. I'd be happy to pick you up. Give me a jingle at work or home. My car has good air conditioning! And yeah, heard about Audrey. Looks like you need to find a good mechanic!

EYE tinks we b dare bouts 2
Talk story den
O'tay
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey All, parking will be as tight as my ass on Saturday, so we could meet at the Bong Hut, suck up some Mai Tai, and car pool over to the Beach.

If interested, post. Otherwise fight for parking sucka!

Hey, can anybody bring a CD player so we can have some tunes going in the background. I'd bring mine but it skips like crazy (it's pretty old.)

Hey is it going to be raining??????? I saw one of those weather reports and it was saying it was gonna rain. Can anyone confirm? Now what?

I'm going, let the rain threaten! Vintagegirl, that boom box idea is a good one. Mine has decided that it only wants to be a radio, unfortunately.

We're going no matter what also! Come on, don't be wimps!

Even if there are thunderstorms they should only hit more inland places like the mountains and deserts. I think the beaches are safe.

DZ

Hmmm... I just happen to have all these leftover fireworks... I wonder what I should do with them... Hmmm... I KNOW they're not LEGAL at the beach, but I wonder if anybody would want them anyhow... Hmmm...

MB

Uh oh!

A

Bong, Could I park & carpool with ya? I will be bring along my mom and her Kane, and some chairs, and a cooler, and some blankets, and my boogie board, and some chips, and my bathing suit, and a beach bag, and maybe some CDs, and sunblock, firewood, hot dogs, not much really! Shell in the Pacific

I think I just figured out who "Mrs. B" is? Don't laugh, yesterday I emailed her and asked what "HB" was. I'm still winging it on a committment 'cause it's gettin busy at the trailer park. Can somebody tell me how long (on a Saturday afternoon) it would take me to get to "HB," from "PS?"

Aloha Disco Inferno Ohana!

If it rains, we will win!!! (H-P, Pirates get wet. Hanalei gets 99% more rain than we do. don't worry) I've got 3 truck loads o wood!(not including all the scrap Bamboo!) So, if it rains, we will build a giant fire that will conquer the rain! We, will win!! Carved up a big ol Bax Dog Beam today that sort of resembles a "space age rustic tiki" that we can sacrifice.

Just a reminder. They can be (if they want to) real strick on "the rules" so plastic soda bottles that resmble the liquid in them is better than a bust.

We have a 24$ Wall Mart(everyones favorite store) Getto Blaster with new batteries if no one has anything betta. The tribe will have tunes.

Shell, can't wait to see you tear it up on the boogie board!! Bong, you gonna teach us all how to surf? I can see you and Bax now doing a tandem demo!!! Al, you gonna be the "master soda bottle mixologist" I'll bring a funnel. Yee-Ha!

See you's all tomorrow. Should be fun.

H

Hey Cheekygirl, Vintagegirl HAS an excellent mechanic.....HER BROTHER!! (that would be me!! :) SHEESH!! That's the thanks I get for working on your piles for free for years :P Remember, never piss off your mechanic. You would like your brakes to function properly? Now wouldn't you?? (hee-hee!)

DO NOT ADD ANY MORE WOOD TO THE FIRE! THE BEACH IS CLOSED!

The SACRIFICIAL TIKI (E-T iki) turned into a hot item! We plucked it out just in time for it to be a Witco knock off! Mr.Bax Dog has it and it will be auctioned off at the International Tiki Day Festival! ( and I'm sure e-bay soon after)

Anyway, it was fun hanging wit you all in a nice relaxed beach scene. Atomic-hope the blisters heal!!

Oh yah, and it didn't rain! The weather was purfect - even sunny!

Whoa! That was a blast! Many thanks to all you who supplied provisions for the beach party - for those of you who didn't go there was a pretty big turn out - bonfire and all then the beach closed down at 10pm and we adjourned to Bamboo Ben's pad - I'm still recovering from it. Anyone take digital pictures, please post! I had the camera but was too busy conversing with Dr. Z to snap any.

Bam,

Thanks for snagging the spot. Great seeing everyone. I think I did 4 miles round-trip hauling that freaking cooler. Only one small blister but man, are my thighs sore! Sucks getting old. Next time I'll know better (Or will I?)

Mrs. B, Mahalo for letting us invade your home. Look forward to the next one...beach party that is.

AC

Little Bamboos:

Mrs B., Bax, Bong and Ben:

Purty...

More later.

Cool!

Floratina, you got "lock-jaw" yet?

Hope the foot is o.k..

Behold, The Sand Crab...

Bong with Miss Mackenzie Trustar and Miss Sarah Bong:

Shelley's parents endured the TC'ers for the whole evening! They are very cool.

Madame Bong, Bong, Sacrificial Tiki and Bax enjoy the campfire:

Bax and Dr. Z:

Al, Shelley and Trustar:

Miss Lindsay Baxdog-Nut and Miss Sam Bong:

Miss Sam Bong sings "Little Brown Gal" while dad plays (in nightvision, oooh...ahhh)

Big ole fire gives Sacrificial Tiki the Witco treatment:

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-07-23 09:40 ]

Great pics, that just makes it so nice to remember.
What a great day and night.
I have wet the bed every night since that bonfire.
BUT, just like bowling we will never go again.
So sad.
But yes sir-ree that was fun.
The hair is just starting to grow back.
Thanks a million Mr. and Mrs. BenZ

BullShite Baxdog!

We're all heading back at least once more before Summer splits!

We'd better bowl and burn again!

Trustar and Atomic Cocktail:

Al and King and Susan Trustar and Renee SugarCaddyDaddy:

The SCD's sneak a kiss:

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-07-23 09:51 ]

I believe that I have grown rather attached to Sacrificial Tiki. Nobody else bid on him, 'kay?

My guess is the he'll need a coat of resin to keep him intact (and to keep in the charbroiled smell too!). Vitco used to do it to the bar tops. He will be das SacriVitcoFicial Tiki indeed. (or in ceramics terms, Raku Tiki!)

There you have it! Next time we'll do a "Raku Tiki Day in Beautiful Huntington Beach!" ( we can rough-out a bunch o wood tikis and everyone can burn their own!! Like those ceramics places) How bout a weekend after school starts in September. It'll be way less crowded too! It's summer in SoCal till February!! (light bulb in Bamboos head! I need to trademark this!! Holden?? Tiki Duraflame logs??)

F

Someone left these behind at the bonfire. I thought I would use my Verizon camera phone (15-day trial) to take a shot of them. I'm sure the rightful owner thought they were gone forever, but they're not! Reply here or by private message or whateva.

Floratina!
That was taken on a camera phone? Geeez! That's pretty darn clear! I was expecting them to have a 'grainy' look to the photos!

Pages: 1 46 replies