Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Matchbook Collection: Poster and 2014 Calendar

Pages: 1 15 replies

I have about 100 matchbooks that could be considered "tiki" in nature or name, and I've put together both a 2014 calendar (about 84 images) and, today, a poster (75 images). Before I go through with the expense of printing both/either of these I was curious as to whether anyone happening across this post would proclaim: "YES! I WANT ONE OF EACH" ... or neither.

Here's the poster I created today:

The calendar has 3-4 matchbook images per page PLUS a photo of one of the many large matchbook collage "portraits" I've done over the last 10 years.
And here's a sample of one of those pages:

Let me know what you think — and thanks for your input!

Tom

S

The poster looks great and i think that is a better idea than a calender but i suppose it boils down to the what they would cost. I personally would have to also factor in postage to Australia which would raise the price considerably.

P
porco posted on Tue, Nov 12, 2013 9:47 AM

i would buy a couple posters. looks fantastic!

Nice poster and I'd like one!

G

A cheaper (initially) option could be using one of those print on demand websites where you submit the designs and people can order on the website with a cut going to you. There is a guy on here that does that with matchbook t-shirts.

gabbahey

M

I would probably buy the poster, but would absolutely buy it as wrapping paper!

On 2013-11-14 18:01, gabbahey wrote:
A cheaper (initially) option could be using one of those print on demand websites where you submit the designs and people can order on the website with a cut going to you. There is a guy on here that does that with matchbook t-shirts.

gabbahey

I'm that guy, and I thought I should mention that unless you price your items high you won't make much per item. I make somewhere between $1–$2.50 for each shirt sold because I wanted to keep prices low for people that wanted them. It's a labor of love. :)

Calendar and/or poster would be a great idea!

On 2013-11-15 17:35, minitor wrote:
I would probably buy the poster, but would absolutely buy it as wrapping paper!

That sounds like something I'd do! :)

Thanks for your input, folks! I'm going to go ahead and get those posters printed.
As to postage to Australia ... I'll check into that!

EJ

What size are the posters?

I haven't printed the posters yet - the place where I get most of my stuff printed recommended 14"x26" but that seems a little small to me.

The calendars, on the other hand, ARE printed, they turned out great, and I'll have them available at the International Tiki Marketplace in Huntington Beach this Saturday (12/7). I'm not sure how to sell them online here. I'm asking $12.50 ...

I'm that guy, and I thought I should mention that unless you price your items high you won't make much per item. I make somewhere between $1–$2.50 for each shirt sold because I wanted to keep prices low for people that wanted them. It's a labor of love. :)

Great stuff! I recognize a lot of those matchbooks!!

[ Edited by: tongaroatom 2013-12-03 19:50 ]

[ Edited by: tongaroatom 2013-12-03 19:50 ]

For those who are interested, the calendar is available on Etsy,com at https://www.etsy.com/listing/172469909/tiki-matchbook-and-collage-calendar?

Thanks!

Tom

H

Thanks Tom! I just ordered one.

You should get it today! And thanks for your order!

Pages: 1 15 replies