Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

A tip for you Photoshop users

Pages: 1 2 replies

Ever need to scan in a placemat or Corubas map or something that's too big for your scanner, and then you need to hack it all together and try and line up the halftone screens and ARGH what a PITA. If you've got Photoshop, there's a better way!

Under the File > Automate menu you should see Photomerge.... Just select all of the pieces that you scanned in (they need to have some overlap!) and leave it on Automatic and it will do a bee-yew-tee-ful job of piecing it all together for you.

Have fun! Respect copyright! :wink:

How did I not know this before now? I've been scanning record covers for years and stitching them together manually. As you say, it's a pain in the patoot. Thanks for the swell tip, TikiTacky.

On 2013-11-22 17:47, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
How did I not know this before now? I've been scanning record covers for years and stitching them together manually. As you say, it's a pain in the patoot. Thanks for the swell tip, TikiTacky.

That is an awesome tip! I'm with SDT...I had no idea this could be done...but I think I only use about 3% of photoshops' potential.

Pages: 1 2 replies