Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Don't really care if this is tiki or not - just tell me I'm beautiful.

Pages: 1 24 replies

I found this vintage Ku tiki mug at an estate sale this last Saturday. It has me a little perplexed though. While the headdress is clearly Hawaiian, the eyes are without doubt New Guinean in form, but the toes evoke the 1960s surf-tiki stylings of famous Huntington Beach artist Buddy "Whack" Wembley. Strangest of all, it is marked both "Kahiki" and "Luau Hut" on the back in black permanent marker.

My questions for the group are:

1. Does anyone know where I put my car keys?
  2. Does this dress make me look fat?
  3. Can I have another slice of cake before bed?

Any insight into the answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated. But if you are going to call me names, you can go @#@#!*^ yourself with mixed-breed *#$^%^!@$ in a *%^&!ing tupperware %#$$@!

Sabu

Maybe it's a Panzies of Hawaii mug...

Hmm.. the rattan backing has a definite Witco look to it. And usually when I see these types of tikis, they come with the flourescent orange glaze. I'd say you have a rare one there - Good score!

...Dog God Hawaiian Tiki Shag Luau Eames Hula

T

BK, you forgot to follow that with "rare"

DZ

Hey - isn't that the new Shag mug they're using at the Caliente Tropics' "Bow Wow Hukilau"?

L

Don't worry, someone will buy it.

Sabu, you are beautiful.

The End.

DZ

1). No.
2). Yes.
3). No.

And your tupperware is beautiful.

...and I believe we've just witnessed the end of Sabu. You had a good run.

T

I did some research, it's not Shag... It's Shag-gy Droopy!

I will buy it, if hanford will let me post photos of it getting blown to bits in the high desert by my trusty .45 colt peacemaker!.I have always HATED that big eye thing.....keans was it?....WRETCH!!!!

T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20149&item=3537316642

I guess you won't be bidding on MY auction then, eh two wheels?

On 2003-07-15 23:57, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
I will buy it, if hanford will let me post photos of it getting blown to bits in the high desert by my trusty .45 colt peacemaker!.I have always HATED that big eye thing.....keans was it?....WRETCH!!!!

TW,
I'm really ashamed at your attitude of this post. What are you thinking? There is no call for such behavior!
I mean you want to post free photos?
No dude, sell tickets to the event!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-16 12:29 ]

tikifish, you may be a very cool person judging by your posts, but that painting is foul!, I am glad it is gone.

I have seen cows with smaller eyes! Ok, I am ready for all the redneck and cows jokes now. Let me start:

"The worst thing about cracking a cow is that you have to get off the stump and go around front to kiss em." YEE HAA

I'm afraid you'll be frightened to hear that 'big eye' art is once again becoming very collectible! Still doesn't command very high prices, but the originals do.

"there is an ass for every seat".I think those things freak me out cuz all doctors and dentists had them in the waiting rooms when I was a kid.double wretch!.But I hope you made alot of $$$$$$ from the sale and turn it into fun stuff you enjoy.

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-07-22 20:31 ]

The only thing better ... CLOWN pictures with big eyes.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

I remember those foul things!, what were our parents generation thinking!.

Mark Ryden is making your total life income off of one of his paintings, 2 wheeler! Art is in the "EYE" of the beholder!

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat". I always use that-they love it.

ben, would you put one of those big eyed demons in your home if you had to look at it and could never sell it?

On 2003-07-30 21:43, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
ben, would you put one of those big eyed demons in your home if you had to look at it and could never sell it?

A Ryden? In a split second!

Pages: 1 24 replies