Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Vic's Bar guide version question

Pages: 1 7 replies

In the Trader Vic's bar guide I have,the copyright reads 1947 by Doubleday... and above that on the same page is Garden City reprint edition 1948 by special arrangement with Doubleday...Is there an Original print by Doubleday and does anyone have an image of the dust cover or book cover?

This does not help.All the Bing or Google image searches return The Garden City dustcover or book as well as miscellaneous Food and Drink Guides and other Trader Vic images.I'm looking for someone with knowledge of the Doubleday published book if there even is one and an image of the dustcover or book.

A

Now we're getting somewhere looks like the same as the Garden City but yellower.I wish they showed the dustcover and Book binding edge instead of just the front cover.
It may just read Doubleday instead of Garden City.Hmmmm Thanks ! arriano Still hoping someone out there owns a copy and can say/show definitevly the dustcover, binding and copyright page.

Here is mine. Printed by Doubleday located in Garden City NY. in 1947. First edition

Also by Doubleday and Company in 1946. First edition

Here three more pics of the bartenders guide. Hope this helps out.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2013-11-19 10:46 ]

Uncle Trav You are the Man! Thanks for the Photos exactly what I wanted. Now I know that I have a second edition Re-Printed in 1948 and now I know what to look for in the used bookstores/ thrift stores.

Pages: 1 7 replies