Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Edward Brownlee Moai Papa Papa carving from the Aku Aku in Las Vegas

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hi all;

I'm seriously considering selling my Edward Brownlee Moai Papa Papa carving from the Aku Aku in Las Vegas. I bought it at a warehouse auction over three years ago and ever since I've had the growing feeling that it deserves to be somewhere better. I think it has great historical significance and should be displayed better; maybe some Vintage Vegas museum or Frankie's Tiki Room?

This carving is one of at least 7 individual pieces that stood between dining rooms in the restaurant, all of them different. There may be others out there, but I believe this is the only known survivor so far. I've done nothing to it; no cleaning, touch-up or repainting. It's all original to the best of my knowledge, and stands almost 6 feet tall.

More general information can be found in the The Aku-Aku in Las Vegas thread seen here.

PM me if interested.

Now, some documentation:

A few shots of it as it is now:

This is what it looks like under harsher auction lighting. (Note: the handwritten tag was put on by the consigner but was lost before the auction).

Images of it in situ, thanks to Dustycajun and Bigbrotiki:

Information on the interior carvings from an early Aku Aku menu, thanks to Dustycajun:

S

So it's about 5 feet 5?

Just measured it again more carefully and it's 6 feet tall, give or take an eighth.

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2013-11-20 08:52 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies