Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

4-piece Pretzel rattan seating group for sale

Pages: 1 0 replies

Mahalo, fellow Tiki Central denizens: This is my first post but I have been visiting this fabulous site for years. I am an interior decorator who loves to use vintage rattan in my projects. My own home is furnished with lots of it - wish I had a bigger house! In anticipation of a future project I purchased a Calif-Asia style (NOT marked) pretzel-arm seating group (a one-piece 3-cushion sofa and 3 adjustable-back chairs). They are massive and the cushions are original with springs (the latter are hard to find and one of my reasons for buying the set). The eBay seller was not as, let's say, "forthcoming" as they should have been about the condition in spite of my pointed questions, and when the set was delivered I found that it would require more reconditioning than I had been led to believe it would. I would like to sell the set to someone who has the knowledge and willingness to restore it properly (I have cleaned/oiled rattan and completely reconditioned original cushions, but have never stripped/refinished any frames and don't want to go there). I will provide more useful photos than the one here to anyone who is truly interested. This photo shows three chairs but I may consider keeping one, still unsure. In any event I will entertain reasonable offers for the set. I am located in the NYC area, and would help organize shipping if necessary (to be paid by the buyer). Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Pages: 1 0 replies