Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage Dancing Hula Girl Lamp for sale

Pages: 1 2 replies

R

Aloha TC,
I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who has a vintage Dancing Hula Girl Lamp for sale.
The lamp is from the '40s or '50s, is most likely made of pot metal with a bronze color finish, stands approximately 17" tall at the open socket and has a 6" diameter base. The skirt is original. There are two switches, one on the base to turn on the dancing motion and one at the top to turn on the light bulb. The motor has just been repaired (yes, she dances) and the power cord was replaced with retro looking "Mercury" cord. Unfortunately there is no lamp shade. I do have video of the lamp dancing but the file is too large to post here. If you'd like to see it, send me a pm and I can try emailing it to you.

The lamp is located in Woodland Hills, CA., and has been in the possession of the current owner since the '60s.
Asking price is $1000 + shipping costs if any, but if you'd like to make a reasonable offer or have any questions please pm me and I'll pass it on to the owner.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Mahalo!

Do you still have this hula lamp? I'm interested in buying it. :)

PM me, if you still do. Thanks!

This is called a headache style dimple lamp .Nice but not as sought after as the bronze and copper
base headache style.Needs the proper koolee lamp shade which are custom made run $ 250-$ 400 .

Pages: 1 2 replies