Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 6: Sales at www.tiki-caliente.com

Pages: 1 2 3 123 replies

Almost time...

S

see ya there.....

martini kings will have their 2 new cd's available at tiki caliente!

It's gonna be another great year at Caliente!
I'll be in town on Thursday, but will only be vending Friday, so, if you see something you want, please PM me or come find me on grounds Thursday.

No molds are used. These started as a ball of clay and are handmade from start to finish.

I'll have cowrie shell eyes on this one.

This piece is three separate forms that were thrown on the potters wheel and combined.
It stands about 17" inches tall, without the shade.

This piece is two forms that were thrown on the wheel and combined. The headdress was added separately. The finished piece is about 12" inches tall and about 9" inches wide. By Caliente, it'll be a lamp.

If you're interested in following my work, please checkout my Instagram account, Jungle Modern Ceramics.
Thanks for looking and I hope to see you this weekend!

Here comes the heat

Custom Cocktails will be served at the Poolside Bar and please remember.

Less the 72 hours till kick-off.

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2014-05-13 16:58 ]

TT

If you're shopping the Tiki Caliente marketplace for treasures, stop by Eric October's booth to pick up issue 2 of Tiki Magazine & More! There will be a limited number of copies available at Tonga Hut all weekend as well.

Let's rock

At Petes Hide-a-way
Gota love a bartender who tells u to pour your own drink
Kilo-Kai

:)

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2014-05-15 15:34 ]

B

I hope both the poolside drinks & foods good ... There isn't a logical window of enough time to go out for dinner fri night !

CA

getting ready to get hot........
and cool in the pool!

gear up if you are just getting started on the Tiki Thing!

i'm all stocked up! brows the site.....
even got these finally!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_CGCsKD-Zs&list=UUW7uK-jkk9xbdSr4ToOry_w

T

Aloha everybody!

I'll be vending at Caliente on Saturday only (I have to work on Friday & Sunday!)

Here's a few new Palm Springs-centric things I'll have:

A black paper drawing of the original Tropics entrance, with the cool outrigger sail sign.

A bowl inspired by the last remaining bits of Don the Beachcomber, the fire chamber is fashioned after one of the tiki torches!
The front of the bowl sports the sign to the restaurant.

A mug based on the Beachcomber tiki torches. The torch is the drinking vessel.

Looking forward to my one day in the sun! See everybody Saturday!

Even though we could only attend on Saturday
we had a great time despite 108 degree temperatures
Thanks to Rory for another great event, Always great to see all our friends

Had a great evening at the Palm Springs Tonga Hut
Big thanks to Amy & Marie for looking after us.

Follow this link to listen to the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast episode recorded at Tiki Caliente 6

https://zentikilounge.squarespace.com/podcast/304-live-from-tiki-caliente-6

Where's the pics people?
I was pretty much at my DJ booth all weekend.
what did I miss?

Jeff btd

C
cy posted on Tue, May 20, 2014 8:56 PM

Another great party Rory and crew, thanks for all the commitment it takes to make it happen!
I'm glad I was here early Thursday to here DJ Barry. He played a very wide range of music that fit the mood.

Set up complete.

The Poi Boys were musicians extreme with a blues flavor that got Friday started.

I was too caught up in the high-energy Hula Girls set to get any pictures but trust me it rock-a-billied to the max.
The Smokin' Menehunes led off Saturday and actually made me forget my hangover for a bit.

"Cannonball Crazy Al"

Jason Lee and the R.I.P. Tides got things really jumpin'. He's an all around super person and a tiki carver to boot.

Don't they make a cute couple?

Alika Lyman layed us back with an excellent exotic blend.

This cool cat made all sorts of combinations of sounds.

The Martini Kings finished my evening off nicely.

Sunday morning Outerwave opened with pure surf.

I loaded up the van to an excellent Aloha Guitar.

Muchas Gracias to Jeff and Gwen, Si and Damian, Gary and Gail, Joe, Rob and Katie, Big Ed and Shag!

EJ

Cy,

Thanks for such a great tiki. Lonnie is on his way to his new home and I will post a pic soon. It was great hanging with you.

Thank you hang10tiki and CY for the photos. I wish we could have joined you. The photos help. Wendy

Here are some exceptional photo's by our good friend Kari Hendler from Poly Hai.
In sequence of the weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202838703763164.1073741829.1668540338&type=1&l=4c7e4da70f

Thank you for all you do.

W

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2014-05-21 08:38 ]

I would personally like to thank Everyone who took the time to join us for Tiki Caliente this last weekend in Palm Springs.

My front line or Crazy-Al Tikimania,Doug Horne,Janet Mulder,John Mulder,Jon Duzich,Susan Nelson,Kari Hendler,Marty Lush,Big Tiki Dude,D.J.Baz

It is not possible to do an event like this without Sponsors like Deadhead Rum,SHAG Store Palm Springs,Tonga Hut Palm Springs,Rhum Clément, Primo Beer,Singha Beer or LIVE Magazine from Palm Springs.

Also having entertainment that makes people want to come out and join in on the fun like, Jason Arimoto - Blues Ukulele, The Hula Girls,The Smokin' Menehunes, Jason Lee,Alika Lyman Group,Outerwave Surf Band
and Aloha Guitar. As well as our Bonus show with the Tony Marsico and the Martini Kings and Joel Cary Hile singing a couple selected tunes.
But most of all,I want to thank anyone who trusted us with their money to show them a good time. I know Money and Time are hard to part with,but I thank the people that did it with us this last weekend. I hope we were respectful to both, and make it worth your while.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2014-05-21 09:17 ]

Thanks for the great weekend, Rory!

I think I finally got all the alcohol out of my system.

Fun weekend as always Rory. This year's lineup of bands was a good mixture of chill to rockin. See you all in October for Mod!

Thanks again for another great weekend, Rory!

Aloha!

Val and I had a great time at Tiki Caliente 6. Tons of great friends, crawling, shopping...and fantastic music. The Hula Girls, The Smokin' Menehunes, Jason Lee & The R.I.P. Tides, The Alika Lyman Group, and then the Martini Kings for a late night lobby show? Just really great.

Thanks Rory, the bands, Crazy Al, BigTikiDude, the vendors, ZTL for organizing the crawl, the crawl hosts, and the People Of Caliente!

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
5 Minutes of Rum
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2014-05-21 22:31 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 123 replies