Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Art Snyder Mug Release at Don the Beachcomber, 12/21/13

Pages: 1 3 replies

Come Celebrate the Introduction of our Newest and Best Mug, The Arthur Snyder Mug is being released This Saturday December 21st

Performing the ceremonial introduction will be the Hawaiian entertainers regularly performed at the original, local Don the Beachcomber in Marina Del Rey in the '70s-'80s. Second generation of entertainers, a popular Polynesian troupe that performs traditional cultural dances with a contemporary flair in what we have coined as hula fusion or hip hop hula.The 13-member troupe features six wahini dancers with six warrior dancers with a live band. The highlight will the award-winning fire knife dancer Diamond Lagmay who is joined by Ambrosia Lagmay in a rare braddah-sistah duo.

Please Join us in the Hidden Village at 8pm for the commencement of the ceremony. Doors will open at 7pm and there will be NO COVER.

$35 for the Art Snyder commemorative Mug and each purchase includes a Seven Tiki Daiquiri (which was Arts favorite). Online orders available via Tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2013-12-17 20:24 ]

What a great way to commemorate the man: Some deceased politicians get portraits in oil, others statues, but for a Tiki proprietor, a cocktail mug is just the appropriate medium for a monument.

A fitting tribute. I saw Art & chatted with him, the night before he died. He always made sure to come over & chat with me, whenever I was there. This mug will occupy a special place in my collection.

R

A great night and the mugs look amazing!!! I got one in each color!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies