Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TV's Emeryville (and also Conga Lounge) July 29 w/ Formikahini

Pages: 1 14 replies

Testing the waters in Northern California - can you guys join me at the Emeryville Trader Vic's on Tuesday, July 29th, 7:30? I leave the next day back for Texas and want to go out with a bang! (and, um, it's my birthday, too)

Now mind you, I want to hit every other great spot on the Sunday and Monday before then, too; any ideas for which ones which night, NoCal folks?

alice b

[ Edited by: mig on 2003-07-27 13:26 ]

M

I'm up for it!!!--mr smiley

yay! Enid too?

Otto and Vander can only do from 7:30 to 8:30, but I plan to stay for a while.

Any other bay area takers for a Tuesday night?

On 2003-07-16 17:57, Formikahini wrote:
Any other bay area takers for a Tuesday night?

I'll be there!

--cindy

Dear Miss Formikahini, Happy Birthday!!! and I too will most likely be there! It'll be zazz to see you!

tikivixen aka Lisa

M
mig posted on Fri, Jul 18, 2003 12:41 PM

Yep, it all sounds good! I'll work on the weekend schedule too. Love, Isaac.

-mig

Y'all are the best! Nothin' beats California hospitality!

Keep in mind (weekend-wise, Mig) I don't get into SF until Sunday (in Santa Cruz for Saturday night).

Can't wait to see you all!
F

I'm a little out of it--I was planning on going to EmervillE TV's a week early!!!

M
mig posted on Wed, Jul 23, 2003 7:31 PM

What do people think about visiting the new place (the Conga Room) in Berkeley afterward? It's not far, and we're due for showing up and breaking the place in...

M

Sounds good to me. We'll be there. Conga's been broken in, but they'll love to have us. Good guys over there.

Conga Room sounds like a go! and Tonga room on Monday?

Can't wait to see al you NoCal folks. The Hoity Toities have set a high bar, though, let me tell you! But I know it's a state-wide thing, having met a number of y'all too already.

see you this weekend, and I do want to do some of the santa Cruz stuff mentioned on the other post.
F

[ Edited by: formikahini on 2003-07-31 00:47 ]

M

The pizza's on the Jab if we go to the Conga after Vic's----just kidding!

M
mig posted on Sun, Jul 27, 2003 1:25 PM

Okay kids, the Conga Lounge is a go! They're excited to have us. And get this-- they're not open on Tuesdays, but they are going to open FOR US. So I'll send an email to the "NorCal Party List" to maximize the personnel. So let's plan on it! I told them we'd be there around 9 or 9:30pm; I'm not sure what time Vic's closes exactly, but I know that it's somewhat early. I told the Congas I'd call them with a more accurate time/head count.

Anybody up for Trad'r Sam's or the Bamboo Hut on Monday?

mig

As one half of the Conga Lounge, I'd like to welcome you, in advance, to our humble establishment.
Unfortunately I won't be there. I'll be at the Kona Kai in Athens (the only tiki bar in Greece). Coincidentally, i got booked into the Marriot Ledra (where the Kai is located, without even knowing that fact !! pretty cosmic)
After that I'm off to London to see Vic's and the other bar mentioned in TRT - will report back.
Happy birthday, Formikahini - I look forward to meeting you next time 'round.
The Conga has been a labor of love for my brother Mano and myself. We've only been open two months and please keep in mind, it's a work in progress..
Have fun you guys !!

M

Bump Bump!

Come on down tonight!

Pages: 1 14 replies