Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Beautiful Shag Rip Off on Yahoo Auctions!

Pages: 1 11 replies

So, I am being sarcastic! I think they put it on Yahoo so we would not trip over it and rag about it.

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/76745600?aucview=0x23

Shag stuff...the "Beanie Babies" of the tiki world...

Those wahines of his have attended a few too many luas at Golden Corral.

"My paintings are not Davincis, but are great Conversation Pieces and provide Interesting, Devilish Thoughts"

well, at least he's honest (to an extent). I just don't think Tiki Central conversation was what he had in mind.

[ Edited by: Angry Tiki on 2003-07-18 11:48 ]

Haven't these bidders heard of the miraculous modern invention known as the colour copier? They could get a much better piece of unauthorized Shag art that way!

I think the dancer on the left is melting.

That really makes me appreciate how good the real Shag is. The colors and drawings are horrible.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Josh and Pete should really buy up all those copies, and make a "bad art" show out of it...(and then donate them to the "Museum of Bad Art" in Boston (..is it?)). It's so cool to have contemporary plagiarism of one's own work!
We could all go to the opening dressed in bad "retro" prints and bad nouveau Tiki accessories... bad taste of bad taste is the baddest!...or as Shag groupies, wearing EVERYTHING Shag possible.

I think 10 years from now, these could be really "in"...to those of twisted mind, like some of us, that is.
Hmmm, in 10 or 20 years, what will the Tiki revival of the Tiki revival look like?

T

Brilliant idea. I contemplated a wall of bad art in my house, but then I realised I didn't want to live alone the rest of my life. Mind you, some of my pre art college pieces could have gone on that wall too. Talk about goth teen angst!

A gallery of Shag ripoffs. So funny. I'd go to the show for sure!!!!

Hmmm, in 10 or 20 years, what will the Tiki revival of the Tiki revival look like?

...Sort of like the "70's Grease/Happy Days fifties" versus the "80's Stray Cats 50's" like Dan Clowes spoke about in Eightball?

E
Erika posted on Tue, Jul 22, 2003 6:57 AM

"Museum of Bad Art" in Boston (..is it?)).

Boston is right. The museum also has online "galleries"--and a gift shop!

http://www.glyphs.com/moba/

[ Edited by: Erika on 2003-07-22 14:52 ]

Jeezeeee,
That is one cool website! I like the backroom gallery. My favorite is the the woman holding the severed horse head.

Pages: 1 11 replies