Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Other Kowloon Items?

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

To date, I have acquired 3 distinct items from Kowloon in Saugus, MA. Does anyone know what other Tiki mugs/glasses Kowloon used? I have a pic on the Net of the ones that I currently own:

http://www.tikitaky.com/tiki_gallery.htm

Kowloon has a concession stand at Fenway Park. Someone ought to see if they have any collectible goodies there. I should have checked when I was there in May, but the stand was really far from our seats and I had to have the clam chowder. 8)

J
JTD posted on Wed, Jul 16, 2003 1:14 PM

Scigirl,
I have a couple mugs from Kowloon just like the middle item in this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3233673013&category=29460
On the back side, low, there's an unglazed area where "Kowloon, Rt. 1, Saugus MA" is stamped in black ink.

-JTD

T

I have a couple of coconut mugs with the Kowloon logo and address. Got them when I was up there for a visit.

S

Coconut mugs, hmmm...have to keep my eye out for these. I have an interest in the ol' Kowloon as I only live about 15 minutes North of the venerable establishment - still going strong after all these years! For those interested, Tiki Road Trip says that the Ming Jade in Newburyport is still open. This has changed in the past few years. It is closed with no relocation.

I lived in the Boston area for a couple of years, like 10 years ago--I found one Kowloon mug in the Salvation Army (basically across the street from Kowloon). It is a white tall mug with a volcano & a palm tree on it. I also have 2 pineapple kowloon mugs with lids, and have a Kowloon coconut mug. I used to drive by Kowloon every day, and its very cool. It kind of sits on a little hill off the freeway with all this cool mojo--you can almost hear martin denny music
as you pass by.

S

The Kowloon does project an "atmosphere." Makes you feel like you could reach into the glove compartment of your car and find a nicely chilled Mai Tai! Glad to hear that I have more mugs from that palace for which to hunt!

Pages: 1 7 replies