Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Kona club Oakland?

Pages: 1 16 replies

Gonna be in the Oakland area next week. Fo sure I’ll visit my Favorite watering hole Forbidden Island and also Trader Vic’s Emeryville.
Any Norcal Ohana have an opinion on Kona?
Mahalo

Go to The Kona Club!!! It was created by Bamboo Ben :) You should check out The Conga Lounge too!! http://www.congalounge.com/

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2014-01-13 20:06 ]

On 2014-01-13 20:04, WooHooWahine wrote:
Go to The Kona Club!!! It was created by Bamboo Ben :) You should check out The Conga Lounge too!! http://www.congalounge.com/

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2014-01-13 20:06 ]

I love the kona club. the conga lounge is also nice, but has limited hours. both are within walking distance of each other with trader vic's grave in between.

T

On my way to Reno to visit my brother (not David)tomorrow. Gonna make an overnight pit stop in Emeryville. Gonna swing by Forbidden Island, Kona Club, Conga Lounge and of course Trader Vic's. I am excited about Kona and Conga as we have never been.

I actually LOVE the mai tais at Conga Lounge --even over Forbidden Island. They are a different recipe and one of my favorite drinks. Its a small place but if you get there early you can find a place to sit and order food from downstairs.

I love Kona Club's atmosphere but to be honest the male bartenders that work there..well..they suck. They provide really craptastic service so I hope one of the gals are working. If you have both (a girl and a guy) go to the girl. I was going there a lot because it was so close to my apartment but I finally got tired of the service and stopped. Hopefully you will luck out!

I am sending you my phone number...let me know when you are at Forbidden Island--I will come meet you!

On 2014-01-15 19:02, TikiVato wrote:
On my way to Reno to visit my brother (not David)tomorrow. Gonna make an overnight pit stop in Emeryville. Gonna swing by Forbidden Island, Kona Club, Conga Lounge and of course Trader Vic's. I am excited about Kona and Conga as we have never been.

Woohoo! Have a Safe & Fun Trip! When you are at The Conga Lounge make sure you get some pizza from Cafe Rustica. It is Very Yummmy! :wink:

T

On 2014-01-15 19:34, SandraDee wrote:

I am sending you my phone number...let me know when you are at Forbidden Island--I will come meet you!

I also sent you mine. Thanks for the tips.

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.