Some pics of Shangri-La

Pages: 1 15 replies

S

The bar area

The bar area with Kiliki

with Swanky pouring

Bamboo Ben's mom pic

The shelf o' mugs

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2003-07-16 22:18 ]

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2003-07-16 22:19 ]

We are just getting started in here. Our big move was in March of this year and then Hukilau was coming so we couldn't dedicate any time to it at all.

We have so much energy and passion about it since Hukilau so we'll be sure to share the progression.

What a great bar!
The great part about having your own tiki bar, which I didn’t know until I built my own was, it pays for itself in all the money you save from going out to drink (not to mention the incredible fun) (and not to mention the driving while under tiki libations you avoid).
Have Fun!

How adorable! So cozy!

Question, at Hukilau in the ballroom there were some great dark paintings, of very moody tikis. Who were those? Is that what is on your wall behind the bar, left?

Thx, Inky

how cool!. very nice set up.What do the folks next door think?

Inky,

The paintings were brought by Wayne Coombs, Mr. Mai Tiki himself, to Hukilau. Her name is Jacklyn LaFlamme. You could email him from the Mai Tiki website and let him know you want more information.

Behind the bar is a velvet painting we bought while cocktailed for way too much money on ebay. Rule #1 in our house - no ebaying while drinking. We still love it.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2003-07-17 13:59 ]

S

Actually, the paintings at Hukilau on the wall over by the back bar were painted by Wayne himself. He had never painted before and was suprised he could! They were pretty popular for his first outings and had some interested in buying them.

they were great...thanks for the advice, I will email them.

hmmmmm, ebaying while intoxicated....I think that's how I acuired my Shag barstool....there ought to be a law.

How did you guys find the time to do this and organize the Hukilau? I feel like a slug.

Looking good...can't wait to go there!

KK

Finally- a tiki oasis in "God's Country"! Hope to make it up to K-town soon w/my wahine and will need directions for hand delivery of Sazerac's...keep up the good work guys!

S

We should have the pool turned from it's current green clumpy color with frogs, to a nice clear blue in a week or so, and we'll plan a little soiree then. If get my latest "tiki" that BK turned me onto, it'll really be time to celebrate! (fingers crossed)

Great set-up, you two! Congrats on creating your own cozy tiki environment. And with a pool to boot... you must have quite the stylish rat pack crib. I'm jealous. :)

Could you post a straight-on picture of the bar? I'd love to see the detail of what the actual front looks like.

S

Here is the actual fron to the bar.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2003-07-21 11:50 ]

NIIIIIIIIICE!!

That Grog Log in tow looks familiar!

Pages: 1 15 replies