Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 6 Room Crawl

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

Tiki Caliente 6 Room Crawl/Room Party Headquarters Event is May 15-18 2014 in Palm Springs
As of 5/1/14 all room crawl time slots are full. We are maxed out with 14 total rooms to hit up on Friday and Saturday.

As always, the room crawls are not an official part of the event for many reasons. However, they are very popular and a great way to meet people in our community, enjoy many great cocktails, decked out rooms and great music. You do need a wristband to attend the crawl.

The crew of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast are delighted to organize the Tiki Caliente room crawl. In addition to following this thread you can listen to ZTL podcast for details. http://www.zentikilounge.com or on iTunes

Room Crawl: Short room events, usually about 30-60 minutes. Hosts invite Crawlers into their rooms to try their cocktails. Some rooms offer a drink and some go beyond and decorate their room and even include music and or a band. There are no rules.

Room Parties: These are usually the rooms that keep their door open a little longer, decor and music are more likely, but there are no rules. Themed rooms are often some of the best.

Hosts: Whether you are hosting again or trying it for the first time, you are opening up your room to Crawlers to have a good time and enjoy whatever kind of experience you want to offer. Don’t worry about having to out do anyone else. Just have fun. You can host a Room Crawl or a Room Party. Hosting a room does not mean you have to spend a ton of money. You can choose a short time slot and make as much drink as you want. It is recommended that you make a batch of your drink(s) so that you can pour quickly and keep the lines moving.

Crawlers: You are the GUESTS attending the room crawls and room parties. All Tiki Caliente paid (wristbands) guests are welcome to participate but you should sign up by replying to this thread so the hosts have an idea of how many to plan for. It is expected that you behave yourselves and lend to the festive atmosphere without causing trouble. You will want to have small bills handy, as tipping the bartenders in the rooms is HIGHLY encouraged because the hosts are not charging you for drinks and have spent a good sum of their own cash. Bartenders do not like being stiffed.

Crawls will occur on Friday evening, and all day Saturday. We limit time slots so that guests can experience as much of the live music and room events as possible. [email protected]

Yes! There are prizes for participating hosts in the following categories: 1. Overall best cocktail. 2. Overall best room party. 3. Best theme/decor. Prizes will be awarded on Sunday at the event. Judges are the hosts of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast and Lead Bartender Kelly Merrell of Trader Sam’s.

Need Help? Ask Sunshine Tiki. In addition to hosting the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast, Sunshine has been hosting room crawls and room parties for most of the past decade. Maybe you have been to one of our ZTL room parties at Tiki Caliente, Taboo, Mojave Oasis or Tiki Oasis. Please feel free to email [email protected] for specific questions you don’t want to post on the thread. Im happy to offer tips on planning your room event, how to mass produce your drinks, music suggestions etc.

See full list of rooms and times below, or just look for the full roster posted around the hotel.

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-05-11 18:35 ]

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-05-11 18:38 ]

TENTATIVE Room Crawl/Room Party time slots may look like this:

Thursday
11:00pm-Midnight Classic Exotica sponsored by Rhum Clement and Zen Tiki Lounge

Friday
5:00pm-6:00pm Eekum Bookum- John and Janet Mulder (Room 242)
5:30pm-6:00pm Smiles Everyone, Smiles (Room 167)
6:00pm-7:00pm Tiki Frog (Room 238)
7:00pm-7:30pm Tiki Pops (Room 127)
8:00pm-9:00pm The Sandy Bottom (Room 114)
9:00pm-10:00pm Flaming Tiki Lounge (Room 116)
10:00pm-12:00am Zen Tiki Lounge (Room 216)

Saturday
11:00am-12noon heylownine (Room 223)
11:30am-12noon The Enchanted Tiki Den (Room 234)
12:00pm-1:00pm Coconuts and Motorboards (Room 112)
1:00pm-2:00pm PiPhiRho (Room 117)
9:00pm-10:00pm Deadhead Rum (Room 144)
10:00pm-11:00pm Tonga Hut (Room 116)
11:00pm-Midnight Beach Girl vs. Sea Monster (Room 115)

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-05-13 09:58 ]

Can't wait till May...count me in plus 1!

Sunshine Tiki + 5 crawling and partying

See you all in May

Just 5 slots left for the crawl. We are looking for 5 more daring individuals or groups who want to invite people to their room for a drink. This isn't a game just for the experienced. Anyone can host a great stop on the crawl. Check the time slots on the above post to see whats still open. And for those who are crawling from room to room, please post a reply to this thread to let us know you are joining. Cheers!

The Zen Tiki Lounge will be serving the Banana Cream Pie cocktail, going with our Gilligan's Island Theme.

https://zentikilounge.squarespace.com
http://tiki-caliente.com

Sign us up to crawl
Me n da wahine...

P

Hosting and crawling (Myself and Valerie).

Hosting information sent to the email address.

Me and the wife will try to crawl to a few. We have the kids with us so it'll just be the early ones. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Just me crawling this year, looking forward to it.

T

+2

Please sign up Moai Mike and Polynesian Paddy for at least the first part of the crawl. Don't know how long we will last.

S

crawling again
me +1

Thanks

T

Please add two to crawl.

J

wouldnt miss it! me+1

RR

This will be our first year to this event! Looking forward to it! Please add me + 3! Thank you!

Just two spots left for hosting at Tiki Caliente 6. See the list above on this thread. Contact us by PM on TikiCentral or on our Tiki Caliente Room Party Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/tikicalienteroomcrawl

Lest I forget: +2 crawling.

kevin

+2 for crawling as well... Please...

We hope those of you crawling will be staying at the main hotel. It certainly makes it easier to get safely to your room. Book now before rooms are gone.

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/

+1 for crawling please!!

Zen Tiki Lounge has just released their second signature tiki mug. Lil (Dick) Richard proudly wears the ZTL logo on his rear, holds 22 ounces and measures 6.5 inches high by 3.5 inches wide. Take one home using this link and you can get him filled with our secret cocktail at Tiki Caliente 6.

http://zentikilounge.squarespace.com/store/

Me and my wife would like to crawl too. See you there.

O

My wife and I would like to join the carpet crawlers...

the latest is also on facebook and twitter. Follow the link.

https://www.facebook.com/tikicalienteroomcrawl?ref=hl

A nice set of rocks glasses to snag at TC6. Don't forget to ask bartenders for recipes to the drinks you like during the room crawl. Not everyone gives out the recipe, but many do. Then you will have plenty of cocktails to put in your new glasses.

G

Two more for the room crawl for Saturday.

B

is it just me or are there more crawls this year ??

Thirsty
So thirsty......

On 2014-04-24 20:08, hang10tiki wrote:
Thirsty
So thirsty......

Your thirst will be quenched at 11am on Saturday.

Kevin

B

On 2014-04-24 21:32, heylownine wrote:

On 2014-04-24 20:08, hang10tiki wrote:
Thirsty
So thirsty......

Your thirst will be quenched at 11am on Saturday.

Kevin

that is sooo early ! not even on vacation can i ditch the alarm clock !

On 2014-04-23 23:10, belinda wrote:

there are 4 more crawls than last year, and a secret room party yet to be announced. Hope your liver is ready.

We started soliciting crawl/party hosts back in February. Had no idea so many peeps were gonna go for it. Gonna be a great weekend.

B

On 2014-04-26 00:21, Sunshine Tiki wrote:

On 2014-04-23 23:10, belinda wrote:

there are 4 more crawls than last year, and a secret room party yet to be announced. Hope your liver is ready.

We started soliciting crawl/party hosts back in February. Had no idea so many peeps were gonna go for it. Gonna be a great weekend.

wOw! How will invites to this secret room party be distributed ? Last year after the last morning crawl we went to the ace for drinks the I passed out by the pool, lost my sarong coverup & missed dinner ..

T

Its a secret. But if you throw down some $$ you may find out.

B

On 2014-04-28 17:33, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Its a secret. But if you throw down some $$ you may find out.
[/

Are you serious !!!?

T

Usually the secret room party involves a purchasing of an item. TBD at the event.

J

Count us in! RumMonkey and I will be crawling at Caliente!

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.......THE COCKSMEN are available for a room party on friday night at caliente if anybody wants to hire us! leave me a message or reach me on facebook.

Yay, room crawl! +2 please!

Can't wait! Two more for crawling please!

The Admiral's Grog
The Navy Grog has earned a promotion.

Saturday, May 17th, 2014
11 AM
Room 223

kevin

L

Saturday, May 17th, 2014
11 AM
Room 223

11 AM, now we're talking! :)

M

Me +1 crawling!! It's so close I can taste it!

The official podcast of Tiki Caliente just posted our annual show with an interview with Rory Snyder, the host and organizer of TC. Rory gives us a sneak cocktail recipe, tips and secrets to Tiki Caliente and we include music from The Hula Girls and Alika Lyman Group. Listen. Drink. Enjoy. See you all soon...

http://zentikilounge.squarespace.com/podcast/303-tiki-caliente-6-update-and-interview-with-rory-snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

http://www.zentikilounge.com

Jason Lee & the R.I.P. tides will be crawling ! Our newer drummer doesn't even know what crawling is so we cant wait to enjoy the Delicious Treats !

The room parties are a very proud and historic non-official part of Tiki Caliente.
Please remember that you need a wristband to enjoy these parties and a security guard will be at the rooms entrance to ensure a wristband and good attitude are being displayed by the guest. Otherwise they can and will refuse you.

Enjoy responsibly and remember to Tip your host/bartenders.

Cheers,
W

Photos manipulated and attached the the Tiki Caliente Facebook page by Doug Horne and reused here.

Count me in on the room crawl. I feel I might be ready for a certain cocktail.

The Admiral's Grog

Saturday, May 17th, 2014
11 AM
Room 223

kevin

Pages: 1 2 72 replies