Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki tots

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

I was returning some baby gifts at Macy's the other day when I spied tiki clothes for tots! So naturally I bought 'em. Got a pair of khaki shorts with blue tikis down the side with a matching blue tank top, a pair of blue overalls with a patch that says "tiki tribe" that came with a white t-shirt and a yellow hawaiian print shirt featuring blue and orange-ish tikis, and finally another 3 piece set with blue shorts, blue floral hawaiian print shirt and a t-shirt that says "tiki beach shop" with pinapples and a tiki. So now my boy (3 months old!) is properly outfitted for summer BBQs.

cool! Anything for little wahines?

T

I didn't look as closely at the girlie section -- I didn't spot any tikis, but did see lots of hawaiian floral prints.

By the way, One Step Ahead (kids catalog and online store) has "sun smart" (SPF fabric) hawaiian prints on sale. Supposedly blocks 98% of UV rays. Long sleeve and short sleeve shirts with band of floral print across chest, plus floral print shorts for boys and sarongs for girls. Very cute and for pale babies like mine, great stuff. I think they are on sale for $7-10.

You wanna really be 'tiki'? Let 'em around nekked!

Pages: 1 3 replies