Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Pomegranate Grenadine Syrup Label [NSFW] [Boobies!]

Pages: 1 4 replies

I just purchased one of the Trader Vic's grenadine bottle labels and scanned it in high-res, as is my wont. I noticed that it looks as if at some point they reduced the size of one of her breasts, as the halftone screen around it has clearly been touched up. You can see the shape of the original breast:

You can also see that her left breast is larger than her right one:

I can imagine Vic giving the art direction: "Gee, that's swell! But she doesn't look 'nubile' enough. Can you make her boobs a little smaller, so she looks younger? Maybe a bit more pert?" Or, more likely: "Sweet Mary, she's got a rack on her! That'll never fly. Make 'em smaller."

T-shirts based on vintage tiki matchbooks: TikiTees

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-31 15:59 ]

Hi TikiTacky. What year is the label you have scanned. It looks a bit different than the one I have. Mine is on an original Trader Vic's logo bottle with the label dated 1946. Here are a couple of pics.

Mine is also dated 1946, but they didn't tend to update copyrights when they made revisions.
I note that the address on yours is in Berkeley, but this one lists Emeryville. Can that help us determine which was first?

T-shirts based on vintage tiki matchbooks: TikiTees

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-31 18:13 ]

Love me some boobies. :wink:

After doing a bit more research, I believe the logo on the other label is a newer version from the early 50s. It matches another label I have for Trader Vic's Flaming Rum, dated 1953.

Pages: 1 4 replies