Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

America Unearthed: Lost Tribe of Menehune

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

I found this on DirecTV. Its available "On Demand" until February 9th.

http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-lost-tribe-of-menehune

While vacationing with his family in Hawaii, Scott Wolter uncovers some key geological facts to determine whether this ancient, legendary race of tiny people really existed on the islands.

Even when the evidence is legit, Scott Wolter always seems to taint whatever he touches with a cloud of bullshit. I can't stand to watch his show, even though the subject fascinates me.

I know what you mean. My personal opinion, from personal observation, is that over the years both History Channel and Discovery Channel have tarnished their reputations as fairly reliable non-scholarly sources of information for the general public. Nobody is perfect, I know that. But they have aired a surprising amount of very weak (and in some cases blatantly biased) crap over the last few years. Even now I see that they have quite an ongoing commitment to ratings-over-accuracy in a pretty sizable amount of their programming.

TM

I find all the stories from what seems like every culture mentioning little people to be really cool....the Ebu gogo and Flores island species just totally fascinates me.

I saw the show a couple weeks ago. There was some interesting information from some of the people they interviewed. It would've been nice if they showed more of that instead of all the horribly fake "reality tv" garbage. It's certainly not a program I'll watch again.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Pages: 1 5 replies