Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tonight at the mai kai

Pages: 1 10 replies

N
nomeus posted on Tue, Feb 4, 2014 8:26 PM

i cracked open this 50 year old don q decanter with the owner dave levy, kern mattai the gm and a couple of dave's friends.

EJ

On 2014-02-04 20:26, nomeus wrote:
i cracked open this 50 year old don q decanter with the owner dave levy, kern mattai the gm and a couple of dave's friends.

Wow! How was it?

N
nomeus posted on Tue, Feb 4, 2014 8:29 PM

well...it smells awesome..definitely catch some vanilla there. it was super smooth for sure. very drinkable!!

Yow. Favorite post on here on a while. Hope it lived up to its container!

N
nomeus posted on Tue, Feb 4, 2014 8:48 PM

i had 4 of these sealed but i gave one each to dave and kern and we opened the 3rd tonight. now i have one left still sealed. cant really enjoy things if you dont share with others, thats the way i look at it!

Very Cool! You are a generous soul!

N
nomeus posted on Wed, Feb 5, 2014 5:16 AM

sharing is caring :tiki:

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Feb 5, 2014 6:32 AM

Awesome! I have a sealed one, but no box. Only seen the box in 2 collections. One was on Ebay a month or two ago, but could not spend $100+ just to get a box. Now I wish I had!

The old timers I have mentioned it to all said "open that bottle! The rum in there is great!"

Very, very cool!

And quite generous of you!

UT

Very very cool. Taking it back home and rocking it old school. I would need the first shot or two just to smooth out the goosebumps from the thrill of it all. Thanks for posting.

N

Pages: 1 10 replies