Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

netted glass float type lamp at menards

Pages: 1 7 replies

these are being sold at menards stores here in the midwest and probably abroad. They might be on their website but i have not checked. they sell for about $65. they might look better with a colored light bulb in it or used it as a basis to build your own custom lamp by adding some bamboo or a thatch roof.

how about it, tiki skip ?

T

Looks great!
Nice tie job.
It would look way better with the globe frosted and a amber light inside.
Plus yes, you could add a hat or bamboo.
Of all the "hey look what this store is sellin" posts on TC I would say this
is one of the best.

The only down side is the glass, I look for true color glass that is to say
it's red, blue, green ect.. glass and not just a top coat or clear glass.
Top coats can come off.

Still nice!

with something like this you could use that spray on stain glass color paint to make the glass a color by painting the inside of it where it wont rub off and then rewire the lamp. you could also use this as a lamp base by adding a wooden circular base to the flat side of the globe, gold shaft up the center to a socket, harp and shade and you have an instant fish float table lamp.

H

yeah, for a mainstream store, it's not half bad... just needs some creative tweeking and you got a hit.

T

On 2014-02-07 18:38, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
with something like this you could use that spray on stain glass color paint to make the glass a color by painting the inside of it where it wont rub off and then rewire the lamp. you could also use this as a lamp base by adding a wooden circular base to the flat side of the globe, gold shaft up the center to a socket, harp and shade and you have an instant fish float table lamp.

You can even add a puffer fish inside the table lamp. It's a lot of work but the result is cool. That's a cool looking lamp with lots of protential especially if TikiSkip gets a hold of one. Here's one I made. The ties on mine are not as cool as the one from Menards.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2014-02-07 22:25 ]

WOW!!! Really cool and great idea. Loving this table lamp. :D

T

"like this you could use that spray on stain glass color paint to make the glass a color by painting the inside of it where it wont rub"

I have used that stuff, it's not cheap, and very hard to get an even color.
That's why I look for true color glass.
And again lots of my lights don't sell for much more than this light, most cost less.
If I buy this to sell that is not much money to be made after.

Pages: 1 7 replies