Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Fantastic seat for Joao Gilberto 7/26 in SF

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

Any Joao fans out there? Anyone love Getz/Gilberto? The master of Bossa Nova is making a rare appearance! I saw him five years ago and was blown away. You will very likely hear The Girl From Ipanema performed in Portugese by the man who made it famous. And he still sounds great.

From my Craig's List posting:

I have one seat for the amazing Joao Gilberto at the Masonic Auditorium for the Saturday performance. I have been called away by an insensitive friend who decided to get married that night. I only bought the one ticket- you won't be seated next to my weird Uncle Milt or anything. You may be seated to someone else's weird Unlce Milt, however. The seat was purchased when the (now sold-out) Saturday show went on sale and is one of the Gold Circle seats on the floor. It's very close.

I saw him when he was last in San Francisco, and let me assure you, I DEEPLY regret missing this concert. You will be overwhelmed to see the legend in person. It was an incredible experience.

I'm selling it at a small loss because I don't want to see it wasted. Please contact me by email if interested. Prefer to use Paypal. I am at work and don't have exact seat location, but will be glad to provide it upon request.

Thanks! -martin

Is that the husband of Astrud Gilberto? I have a CD of hers and Girl from Ipanema is on it.

M

Astrud is his ex-wife and was on the Getz/Gilberto album. His daughter Bebel is quite successful as well.

E

Bossa is a subject near and dear to my ears. I am nowhere near SF alas...

Tiki-riviera, check out Bebel Gilberto "Tanto Tempo", as well as "Getz/Gilberto", and maybe some A.C. Jobim, particularly "Wave" and "The Composer of 'Desafinado' Plays". You will be swept away on lush waves of coolness, to an apartment overlooking Copacabana.

sigh,
emspace.

Gilberto also is performing this Wednesday, July 23rd at the Hollywood Bowl.

I'm going to be in the house for this most excellent Bossa Nova event.

Pages: 1 4 replies